chapter 25. It's going to be alright.

Thanks for reading Guys and to the kind people who were waiting. Here it is ;D

Knightly's P.O.V.

The only thing i could yell when Connor asked me who my mate was, was Micah because Star was getting difficult to control. Star and i couldn't feel Micah and we were getting anxious. He was fighting me to change and go look for him. 

Where was Micah and why couldn't we feel him. Has he really left? I thought about the time when he confessed to me. I was so cruel to him when i rejected him. I hurt him so much. 

Why didn't i listen to Star. Star was right i shouldn't have rejected Micah. This is my own fault. What if he doesn't want me. What will i do then no, no, no that can't happen. All these things were going around in circles through my mind. The walls were shaking now and my body was trembling in anger. I was angry at myself because i let him go.

Star growled so loud in anger that people were shaking in fear. I looked around me and felt ashamed of what i had become. The whimpering of Lilith brought me back to reality. She was holding me tightly and sobbing. Connor wasn't in any better state.

"Con" i whimpered through the mind link "i can't feel him". Connor's eyes widened in schock. He knew all too well what this meant. He quickly picked up Lilith and took my hand. He walked to Alec and said "Take the kids and come with us this will affect you too". "Gamma" he growled and Jeremy immediately came to stand in front of us. "Bring the limousine out and tell the delta to make sure everything ends well here" he ordered.

Then he turned around and addressed the crowd " I sincerely apologize for our rude behavior tonight. As you can see my brother is not doing so well so please excuse us". Nobody even dared to say anything to us. Connor looked one last time at them and then walked to the door. I could see from the corner of my eye that Alec was already waiting with Jullian and Andrew by the door.

My body was moving on its own. I had lost all the will to think because of the fear in my heart. I felt defeated and was full of sorrow. Connor walked out of the mansion holding Lilith with one of  his arms and holding my hand tightly. Jeremy opened the door of the limousine and gestured us to get in.

Connor stepped in the car and put Lilith on his lap who was still whimpering. I sat next to him and saw Alec taking his place with the kids opposite us. Jeremy's voice was suddenly heard through the mind link "I'm sorry for asking beta but were are we driving you?" "The Lockwoods" said Connor in his beta voice.

The car started to move and the only thing i could do was pray to the moon goddess that Micah was home and that by  some unforeseen circumstances i couldn't feel him. It was already 8.30 and he always comes home after training so he has to be home.

 I clasped my hands and started rubbing them together. I was extremely nervous and was afraid to face the Lockwood's. What were we going to tell them when we get there. How were we going to explain why we were looking for Micah.

After a while the car stopped in front of the Lockwood's driveway and i was dreading to get out of the car because i could feel that Micah wasn't here. Connor picked up Lilith and made his way out of the car. While standing outside he looked at me and said "Come on Knigh. We're going to see Micah".

I shook my head and said "He's not here Con". He sighed and said "If he's not here then were going to ask his parents where he is. Okay Knigh?" I nodded my head and stepped out of the car and started walking to the front door. 

Alec stepped out of the car after us with Andrew and a sleeping Jullian. I was glad that Alec and Connor weren't fully mated yet because if they were, my emotions would affect him too. I knew that Connor wasn't doing any better than Lilith. Alcian was probably in distress too and whimpering.

That's why i'm glad that Connor's my brother. He's shown us many times how strong he's love for us is and how strong he can be. He's always ready to do anything for us and we would do the same for him. Now that he's found his own mate he feels complete and understands how i'm feeling. 

We already knew how more powerful or weak a mate can make you because of Eric. He made sure to teach us all about mates. I know that if Micah accepts me i'm going to become even more powerful and because he's not here with me right now i'm feeling this way. But that doesn't make the pain any less. I only wish i knew how i could spare my brother and sister from this  unbearable pain.

When we  arrived at the front door Connor turned around to look at me once again. He smiled at me and said "Don't worry Knigh it's going to be alright and look around you. We're all with you". I lifted my head and looked around me. They were all smiling at me to encourage me.

I smiled weakly at them and said "Thank you guys" in my alpha voice and pushed the door-bell. Then we all waited for the door to open. We heard someone walking to the door and we immediately made sure to look presentable. 

The door flew open revealing a smiling Noah and the moment he saw us standing there his entire face changed. He looked shocked by the amount of people standing at the front door.

Then we heard someone quickly walking to the front door while yelling "Noah, how many times did i tell you not to just open the front door when someone rings the door-bell? You're going to get us all killed like this one day". Lidia's steps halted when she realized we were the one standing at her front door.

She quickly gathered herself and smiled. Then she walked to the door, stood behind Noah and put her hands on his shoulders. Noah turned his head around and looked quizzically at his mother. "Hi guys" she greeted and waved at us.

 "What are you guys doing here this late?" she asked with a frown.  Before i could say anything  Connor took over and said "Good evening Lidia. Do you mind if we come in?" Lidia's gaze was fixed on me. Why was she looking at me like that. Does she know something. Things would be easier if she knew i thought.

"Yeah sure Connor. Come in" she replied and moved away from the door with Noah. "You guys can go sit in the living room with Noah and i'll get you guys something to drink. It looks like you guys need it". After saying that she walked in the direction of the kitchen.

We all walked behind Noah to the living room. He looked worried about Lilith who was still whimpering. "Is she cold? I can get a blanket if you want" he said concerned. Surprised by his action i said to him "Thank you Noah. We would appreciate that". He smiled at me and ran up the stairs to get a blanket.

At the same moment Micah's mother walked in with a tray full with drinks. She put the tray down and said "I'll get you guys a few snacks in a minute but let me get my husband first. I'm sure you want to talk to him too". She walked up the stairs and i quickly grabbed a glass of juice from the tray and gulped it down.

Then Noah came running down the stairs with a blanket and covered Lilith with it. Lilith didn't even look at him and Connor thanked him in her place. I couldn't blame her because she was in pain and a little moody. 

I was caressing Lilith's back to sooth her pain when i got distracted Mike who was walking down the stairs with Lidia trailing behind him. "Hello Guys. How can we help you this evening?" he asked me. I stood up and looked in his eyes and said. "Hello Mike. Were here to see Micah".

He frowned at me and then looked around the living room. "I don't think you need so many people just to see Micah. What's wrong Knightly?" I sighed and answered him by saying "I really need to see Micah Mike. Can you tell us where he is?" 

Mike shook his head and said "I didn't think you would want to do anything with my son after you rejected him Knightly". It felt like a knife pierced my heart hearing those words and i started running my fingers through my hair. Star was growling in the back of my mind and was ready to attack anyone who wanted to keep him from his mate.

Connor couldn't take it anymore and stood up with Lilith in his arms. "I'm sorry for disturbing your family this late Mike but we really need to see Micah". Seeing my reaction Mike sighed and finally answered my question "Micah is in Fresno for a joint training. I don't know when he'll be home"

The only thing i could say back to him was "What?"