Chapter 7. Abandoned

Thanks for your support everyone. Keep reading, write a comment and vote :D

Micah's P.O.V

I have been taking part in gymnastics competitions since i was seven. My mother is from a family which consists of gymnasts.  She took me to the gym with her when she went there for her training. As a young child i loved seeing the gymnasts tumble. I got hooked on gymnastics when my mother put me in a early talent development program at the gym. I knew that by doing that she just wanted to concentrate on her training, but i still loved it. 

My mother stopped to partake in competitions when she found out she was pregnant again. I stayed on and honed my skills by training for hours and hours every day. I am now one of the most talented gymnasts in my age category and have won many medals and awards. I have been approached by many popular clubs but i turned them down. "The golden gymnasts squad" is like my home and i don't do well in new environments.  

My father was an popular NFL player but had to retire when he got injured. My mother was more than happy to have him home. That meant more hands to attend to the four children they had. My mother is now a successful business woman with her own clothing line. While my father has his own junior and senior football club. My father is also a coach and a gym teacher at the Alpha Silverstone high school.

I have a fifteen year old brother Matthew who's a quarterback at the high school where my father teaches and my sister Natalee is thirteen years old. She's in a cheerleading club that partake in competitions too. Her club has won many competitions. My little brother Noah is six years old and has shown signs of being a music prodigy. He loves playing the piano. We are all gifted children and how can that be possible you ask, well because we have the angel gene.

My grandfather was an angel. He fell in love with my grandmother when he came to earth on a recon mission. He was just a third rank angel and stayed behind with my grandmother with the blessing of God but all his powers were stripped away. I never met my grandparents because they were killed by demons while protecting my father. The demons weren't happy that an angel was living amongst humans.

When i was a little boy my father used to tell me bedtime stories about how God created the moon goddess to protect all the animals and plants on earth and how she in return created shifters to help her because God had his hands full with protecting the humans. They were just beautiful stories to me and nothing else.

We were coming back from Fresno where we took part in a gymnastics competition when Nick a fellow competitor of mine got hungry. I didn't even realized the bus had topped in front of a store. I was lost in my thoughts. I was thinking about how i begged my parents to come to Fresno to support me but they never came. The medals and the award that i won at the competition felt like a waste of time to me. My father never came to my competitions but my mother came sometimes when she had her hands free from my siblings and her work.

I was knocked out of my thoughts when i felt everyone stepping out of the bus. I just sat there looking out of the window. I didn't feel like stepping out. When i looked around the parking lot a saw two boys sitting in black suits on the sidewalk and a little girl in a black dress walking about.

When i took a closer look i realized that i knew the two boys but only by name. I never talked to them. They were in a different classroom at my middle school. I never had a chance to get to know them, because i never stuck long enough at school. I knew that the slightly taller one was Knightly Silverstone and that my brothers high school was named after his grandfather. The other one was Connor Goldsteen. The little girl must surely be Knightly's sister. You could see the resemblance.

They looked broken and lost to me. I could see that they came from a funeral or something alike. They were sitting in the scorching heat in the sun. I decided to buy them something to drink. I stepped out of the bus and made it to the fridge. I bought three different drinks not knowing what they would like. I paid the cashier and quickly walked out of the store hoping they were still sitting there.

I was happy to see them still sitting there. When the little girl saw me walking to them she got startled and ran to sit on Knightly's lap. She was a beautiful little girl. I was looking at her when i felt Knightly's gaze on me. He was frowning at me? Why ? i thought. When i took a closer look at him i realized how gorgeous he was. He took my breath away i had never had that feeling  before. He had a clean cut haircut and grey eyes with silver specks in it. It was like he could see through my soul. I could see that Connor was handsome too. They must have really good genes.

I was happy that they didn't recognize me. They probably didn't even know i existed. Because of my competitions i was more often away from school. After convincing them they took the drinks. I was glad to help them. They probably didn't needed it because they were rich. It was nice to talk so freely to them. I gave Knightly's sister Lilith my award, the medal which i won on parallel bars. At least i could make her happy with them an i could always win more. 

After telling them my name and saying goodbye to them i sat on the bus again. I Couldn't get Knightly out of my head. He barely even talked to me then why was i thinking about him. I decided to look for them on Monday and greet them. I would love to become friends with them. 

 When i was finally home i opened the door and yelled "I'm home". There was no response. I put my bags by the door and made my way to the living room. I could hear the laughter coming from there. When i reached the living room i saw my uncle Jonah and his husband Hiro sitting on the sofa. What were they doing here?  

My uncle is a well renowned gymnast. He owns a gym in Japan and trains people together with his husband Hiro. Hiro is also a gymnast and is from Japan. They have asked me many times to join them but my answer has always been no. My parents looked up to me smiling. I couldn't smile back, because i was still hurt from them not coming to my competition.

My uncle immediately knew something was wrong. "What happened did you lose?" asked my father while caressing Noah's back who was sitting on his lap. Mattew was sitting at my father's feet on the floor and playing a game on his phone. My mother was combing Natalee's hair. They looked like a picture perfect family in which i didn't belong. I never had a good relationship with my siblings because everybody was involved with their own things and they always intended to leave me out.

I shook my head and ran to my room. Laying on the bed i looked at all the medals and awards hanging on the walls. They don't hold any meaning. My parents are never going to acknowledge me anyway. I started to cry in to my pillow. I heard the door open and felt the weight on my bed. " What's wrong Gold?" My uncle used the nickname that he gave me  when i was a little boy. He gave me the name because he thought i was the golden child. My parents probably didn't think so.

"There is nothing wrong" i said while sitting up and sobbing. "There is obviously something wrong Gold otherwise you wouldn't be crying in to your pillow and i know you won in all your categories because your name was on the news". " I'm sorry. I feel like nobody loves me. I always beg mom and dad to come to my competitions but dad never comes and mom comes sometimes. They always go to Mattew's games, Noah's recitals and Natalee's competitions. Why not mine?" "I don't know baby. Have you talked to them?" " No, their always busy and don't have the time to talk. I don't want to burden them with my  weak thoughts" "  You have never been weak Gold. Do you want me to talk to them?" " No, Please don't" " Then what do you want to do Gold?" " I don't know but i can't take it anymore"

"Then why don't you come with us. We can train you and you can do your courses online. We will guide you through everything, even  the international competitions because you can't stay here and partake in the same competitions every year. You have to grow Gold and don't worry i won't tell your parents anything". After thinking and considering everything i decided to agree with my uncle. 

My parents weren't happy with my decision but still agreed. My father said that he would only  agree if i came back for my last year of high school.  So my  uncle promised him that he would  send me back when the time came to do so.  My mother cried but she knew that i had to this if i wanted to grow. 

 Now i'm on a plane to Japan thinking about Knightly Silverstone. The grey eyed boy that i barely knew.  He's still on my mind. I don't really know why. I'm hoping to meet him again in the future. Maybe i can sort out these feelings for him then. Until that happens i will always keep thinking about him.

There's going to be a time skip after this chapter. So keep reading guys :D