Chapter 8. A new beginning

I like to thank all the people that keep voting for me. Please leave a comment and vote.

Knightly's P.O.V

Six years have passed since the night when i lost my parents. Connor and i are now in our last year of high school. Lilith is now almost ten years old and in the 5th grade. I' m very proud of her. She's headstrong but does her best. The pack is still striving and is still the strongest pack in the world. Connor and i inherited our powers from our fathers when they died and after training for many ours we're now stronger than our fathers ever were.

I still haven't forgotten the boy we met in the parking lot of a particular store. I'm sure Connor and Lilith remember him to. He was like a light on our darkest day. Lilith put the award and medal the boy gave her in a glass case in my office. She said that my office was the safest place to keep them because she has to give them back if she ever met the boy. She asked Connor and i to protect them with our life. 

That day when the boy was gone we talked about him and laughed. Yes, we laughed. After two weeks of snapping at others and being sorrowful i finally laughed. It was like the weight that we were carrying on our shoulders was lifted. The boy had done his best to cheer up three total strangers and succeeded at that.

I often think about the boy. It's like we have some kind of bond. Star is sure that we will meet him again but i have never seen him again in these six years and my search for him had turned up nothing. Where was he and how was he doing? I really like to meet him again. I have to pay him back for his kindness.

I took over my father's business and made it bigger with the guidance of Eric my father's gamma. Connor is my business partner and together we own several brands, media houses, sport facilities, publishing houses and much more. Connor and i won't be going to college after our graduation. We just need an high school diploma to continue our business.

 My father had treaties going on with the surrounding packs and packs all over the world when he was alive. When i took over from him i decided to honour those treaties. My pack helps out packs in whatever way they can. Like giving them protection or financial support. They can give the money back when their back on their feet.

 Connor and i just finished our border patrol and are now sitting at a clearing on a hill in our wolf form. We are looking at the town that arose in the last five years with our input. The town is bustling with activity. We are both quiet and enjoying the scenery. 

I'm thinking about the sports meet that's being held in city today. Because we're one of the biggest sponsors of the sports meet they invited us to celebrate the event with them. I don't really want to go and looking at Connor i can see that he isn't interested too. 

I would rather stay home to finish my work because come Monday we'll be starting a new school year, but Lilith is very excited about it and wants to go to support her best friend Kathy that will participate in the swim meet.

Our peace was disturbed by a screeching little girl " Connor and Knightly it's time to get ready. Come home now!!" I huffed and stood up while Connor laughed through the mind link. " You made her like that" he said to me. "She's your sister too. So stop blaming me" hearing that Connor laughed louder. " That's so true" he said back. "Come on get up. I don't want her biting my head off". We ran back to the house picking up speed, feeling the wind blowing through our thick grey fur and enjoying the freedom.

There are already two warriors waiting with our clothes at the end of the tree line when we arrive at our house. The house is more like a Victorian style mansion with an pool, an beautiful garden and elevator. It has eight rooms that are like small apartments with the best equipment and the most beautiful interior. I live in the alpha apartment with Lilith and Connor. Connor has his own apartment in the mansion but he stays with us. It doesn't bother me. I'm happy that he's so close to us.  He'll probably move out when he finds his mate. The mansion was designed by a well renowned architect to meet our preference.