Chapter 40. A warrior's strength.

Micah's P.O.V

I was dreading leaving Kingsley with Knightly after what happened because i didn't have any other choice. My parents and siblings were still busy with council matters and i was sure that they wouldn't have the time to take care of Kingsley. The only one that was free was Noah but he was still in the realm of the angels and i didn't have the time to take Kingsley back because my team was getting attacked by demons.

I left Kingsley up to Knightly with a heavy heart but i knew that Knightly would do his utmost best to take care of Kingsley. He has shown Kingsley and me that he cares and that was enough for me to know that my child would be safe with him.

When i arrived at the park i was shocked to see not only demons but also rogues fighting my team. Luckily we closed off the whole area with spells so no humans could walk in to the battle. I immediately changed in to my true form, conjured my silver sword and broke all the protection spells that were on the demons and rogues so that my team could kill them.

The battle proved to be very challenging because the demons and rogues were fighting for their survival. They attacked us in groups so that we couldn't move freely. When i looked around i noticed that our enemy wasn't very prepared to fight us. It felt like they were surprised to see my team there and were attacking us like mad men just to make it out of the battle in one piece.

I was killing and fighting off demons left and right when suddenly a high ranking demon jumped i front of me. I tried to cut through him with my sword but he casted a spell on me and ran in the direction of the rift which was still open.

I ran behind him to prevent him from disappearing in to the rift. Just when i caught up with him he grabbed my uniform and pulled me in to the rift together with him. I saw all the shocked faces of my warrior's and quickly casted a spell to make sure the rift didn't close.

When i looked around i noticed that we were in the underworld which didn't surprise because i already suspected that the rifts lead to the underworld. I couldn't see the high ranking demon anywhere and was just about to return to opening of the rift when i noticed four people fighting off demons.

 I was startled to see the four people from whom i couldn't sense any ill omen from in the underworld. I could see that they didn't belong there. I was just about to go help the four people when suddenly i heard Knightly's voice through my head. He said through the mind link i created "Micah, i have to take Kingsley to my pack house due to some unforeseen circumstances. Please come to meet him there". I didn't know what to say to him and after thinking for a while i just said "Ok, i'll meet you there" because i knew i couldn't do anything from where i was.

When i looked at the four people again i saw that they were surrounded by demons and were losing badly. I got a feeling that they were probably followed by the demons and rogues there. I could also see the bodies of dead demons lying around and immediately knew that this battle had been going on for a while now. 

I couldn't make out who these people were because of the demons surrounding them so i masked my scent and moved closer to them. I was surprised to see that there were two women among them fighting off demons. One of them had blond hair while the other one had jet black hair.

One of the demons hit the woman with the jet black hair on her knee and she fell on the ground because of fatigue while she was fighting a demon. The demons saw this a chance to finish her off and one of them pulled out a knife from under his shirt while two of them pinned her down. He walked up to her with a smile on his face and i could see one of the males fighting to reach her on time.

But he was failing to free himself from the swarm of demons that were holding him back. I could clearly see the fear in the man's eyes and quickly flew up. I landed in midst battle with my wings still open, on one knee and my silver sword sticking in the ground.