Chapter 44. Familiar faces

Knightly's P.O.V

Kingsley's scent hit me like an explosion and Star started yipping in the back of my mind. He was beyond happy that our pup was alive. I wanted to run towards Kingsley but before i could do that the door of my hospital room opened and my son ran in to the room with a smile on his face.

He halted when he realized how many people where in the room. He scanned through the room and his eyes fell on Princeton who was standing next to Alec. His eyes widened and he took a step back. He looked hurt and seeing his reaction i quickly walked up to him with the intention to pick him up but halted my steps when i heard  someone say "Kingsley".

I knew exactly who the voice belonged to and i was dreading to see him. I immediately started contemplating about what to say to him when we came face to face. Before i knew it Mike Lockwood and his wife Lidia Lockwood were standing in front of me.

Kingsley immediately made grabby hands at Lidia Lockwood and she quickly picked him up. She smiled at my son and gave him a kiss on his cheek. Mike looked around the room and said "I'm sorry for disturbing all of you alpha. I heard that you bought our old home and we like to buy it back from you because we are urgently in need of a house".

"You don't have to pay for the house Mike" i said to him and added "What's mine belongs to Micah too so you can live there without asking or paying". Lidia shook her head and said "Knightly, i think you have done enough. We just like to pay for the house and be done with it".

I hurt me when she said it like that but i didn't show it. I looked at Mike again and said "Mike, can you please tell me if Micah's ok. I can't sense him and i'm worried". I heard Kingsley whimper hearing his father's name and i walked up to Lidia to take him in my arms but she took a step back while  caressing Kingsley's back.

I put my head down and started rubbing my hands together because i was itching to touch my son. Mike looked first at me then at his wife and nodded to her. Lidia suddenly put Kingsley down and gave him a nudge in my direction. Kingsley looked at me and gave me a toothy grin then ran in full speed at me.

I quickly knelt down and caught him in my arms. Kingsley started giggling and i hugged him tightly. I couldn't stop the tears from falling and said "I love you so much my baby boy". Kingsley pulled away from me and looked at my crying face.

He whimpered and caressed my cheek. He then gave me kiss on my cheek and asked me "Why are you crying?" I shook my head and said "I thought i lost you forever baby boy". Kingsley smiled hearing me say that and said while making gestures with his hands "Oh, oh your talking about the demons. Don't worry i killed five of them and papa killed many too".

I hugged Kingsley tightly again and said "I'm glad that you're safe baby boy but where is your papa?" Kingsley looked sadly at me and said papa's hurt. A demon cut him in his belly but don't worry papa killed the demon".

My body began to tremble when i heard those words and images of a bloody and wounded Micah flashed through my mind. I quickly walked up to Mike and said "Mike please tell me if Micah and our pups are ok".

I heard everyone gasp from behind me but i didn't care. I just wanted to know if my mate and children were ok. Mike sighed and said "We don't know yet. Micah healed himself and is still at the realm of angels".

I couldn't believe him and said "What do you mean Mike. We just received a message from the head council saying that the realm of angles was destroyed and that there were no survivors. Are you telling me that it was a lie". Mike shook his head and said "It wasn't a lie. The realm of angels was truly destroyed only it wasn't the real one".

"Micah created an alternative realm because he knew that the demons would attack us and that was the one that was destroyed. We were just unlucky that we were there at the time making sure everything looked real. We couldn't tell anyone about it for obvious reasons. We made out on time but couldn't prevent the alternative realm from getting destroyed. Everyone is ok and preparing for the next attack".