Chapter 11. Because we're friends.

Knightly's P.OV

Hi everyone. I like to thank the people who keep voting for me and keep reading the story.

When Mr. Williams asked Micah to introduce himself to the class it peaked my interest. I wanted to know which name he would use to introduce himself. To my surprise he just used his real name. He was nervous and scanned quickly through the classroom resting his eyes on Connor and me.

He looked intensively at us. "Do you think he recognized us Knigh?" asked Connor through the mind link. I looked back at Micah. It didn't seem like he recognized us. It was normal for Connor and i to attract attention maybe it was the same for Micah. "I don't know Con. Let's play it by the ear. If he doesn't recognize us, we'll go and introduce ourselves later to him"

After the introduction Mr. Williams asked Micah to take a seat. There were only 2 seats empty and they were in the back of the classroom. Micah has to walk past us to reach the seats. He hesitated first but then just started walking. 

When he walks past me I get waft of his scent again. My whole body shudders but I don't let Micah see that. It took me a lot of power to control Star. Star was purring in delight in the back of my mind. I still don't understand why Micah has this effect on us.

Micah walks us by without even looking at us. He was looking at the floor and he looked a little bit pale. "I think his sick. He looks sluggish". Connor looked at him and nodded "Maybe the time difference is affecting him. Wasn't Japan written on his jersey?" "Yes, but we still don't know if he was there all this time. Let's keep an eye on him"

 Then i heard Jeremy suddenly say "Hey Lockwood". By the hitch in Micah's breath I could sense that he was surprised that someone recognized him. He stopped walking and looked up smiling at Jeremy and said "Hey Winters. How are you?" "Fine man and it's nice to see you again. How long has it been? Wait, wait let me count" Micah chuckled at Jeremy's reaction and Star started to growl lowly. He was jealous of Jeremy?

Connor put his hand on my knee to calm me down. Jeremy's and Micah's conversation came to a halt when Mr. Williams yelled " Take your seats guys. Where going to start by going through the program for the whole school year" The class started but I didn't pay any attention to it. I opened the mind link once again "How do you know Lockwood Jeremy?" You could see that Jeremy was shocked by the question. He looked back at Micah and said "I know him from middle school. He and I were in the same classroom while Nathan was with you guys. Why?"

"It's nothing" answered Connor and asked "How much do you know about him?" "Not much. All I know is that he was a genius at school despite being often away from school. Sometimes even for a month. Then he suddenly quit school. Kids at school were saying that he ran away". I growled when I heard that and Star was furious. Kids can be cruel we know that. "Oh, oh, oh, one more thing" said Jeremy while bouncing in his seat. We all frowned at him. "His the son of Mr. Lockwood the football coach"

We all simultaneously looked at Micah. "Um guys. He doesn't look so good" said Nathan who was quiet all this time. Micah looked paler then before and his eyes were weary. He was messaging his forehead. He then suddenly started frantically looking for something in his bag. It looked like he had trouble breathing.

I stood up and walked to him not minding Mr. Williams. He's a pack member so he'll understand. I have always respected my teachers and he knows that. I never act irresponsibly. I sat next to Micah on the free seat and took out the bottle of water that i had in my bag. Werewolves get thirsty a lot so were always prepared. "Here" is said while holding the bottle out for him in my hand.

He looked at the bottle quizzically like he wanted to ask me how i knew what he needed. He hesitated first but then took the water, swallowed two yellow looking pills with it and sighed. "Thank you Knightly. It felt like i was dying there". I snapped my neck to look at him when i heard my name. He winced when he realized what he just said. I just smiled at him and when he saw me smiling he relaxed a little bit and smiled back.

" He recognized us earlier?" asked Connor through the mind link. Before i could respond i heard the bell ring telling us that AP Biology class was over." What's your next class?"i asked Micah. He took out his schedule and looked through it. "AP Chemistry and yours?"

"Where going to AP Economics" answered Connor who was now standing in front our the table. Micah looked up to him and waved hi to him. He then uttered "Hi Connor" while beaming at him. Connor grinned at him and took the schedule out of his hand and handed it to me. I took my phone out and took a picture of it." Hey!!" yelled Micah but i just smirked at him. "So we can find you" i said. He shook his head in response.

"Do you know where to find your next class Micah?" asked Connor. "I think so. My father showed me around this morning that's why i was late". " Looks like we have lunch at the same time so we'll come to you" i said to him while giving him back his schedule and walking away. "Huh? But why?" he yelled startled. "Because were friends obviously" i yelled back and Connor followed me after giving Micah a light push with his shoulder.

Micah just stood there with his mouth open, looking in shock at us while we walked away.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter guys. Keep on reading.