Chapter 27. Difficult roads ahead

Hi guys. Sorry for the wait. Here is the new chapter enjoy and please promote my story.

Micah's P.O.V

I didn't expect to see Knightly when i came home from a tiresome joint training. My uncle agreed to help his friend out in Fresno. His friend has a gym in Fresno and there are a lot kids under fifteen in his  gymnastics club. Seeing how the new season's starting in a few weeks. He asked us to give the kids a few tips.

The only thing i wanted to do after school was to go to training and then hide in my room after training. I was feeling down the whole day. I knew what the cause of it was and i knew i wouldn't get any comfort from him.

 So when my uncle decided to drive us to Fresno i told him i couldn't go. But then he said he had already promised his friend. My dad got angry when my uncle called to inform him about it and the only thing i could do was to tell him not to do this again because it was a school night.

I was tired beyond belief and the only thing i wanted to do when i got home was to take a long shower and then go to bed. But before i did that i had to talk to my father. My uncle told me tonight that he couldn't travel to Florida with us due to some health issues of the surrogate mother of his baby.

Now i had to make sure that my father confirms my room because my uncle wouldn't be there to help me out if problems occurred. The whole night i had thought about Knightly. I knew i had to stay away from him if he found his mate so i was happy with the new season. I could drown in my sorrow by training.

So when i saw Knightly standing in our living room my whole body shivered. He looked so sad and troubled. I wanted to run to him and hold him tight and tell him that everything would be alright but then i remembered how he rejected me. I quickly controlled my emotions and the only thing i could stutter was "Knigh".

I was shocked to see Knightly cry when he heard my voice. Knightly is an Alpha he shouldn't be crying in front of people i thought and opened my arms to protect him from the watching eyes. He immediately ran to me and held me tight like he was afraid i might disappear.

The only thing that came up to me when i thought about why he was crying was that he didn't find his mate but to my surprise he confessed to me that we were mates and it was the most beautiful thing i heard. But there was still something in the back of my mind telling me that this was to good to be true and that there were difficult roads ahead of us.

That's why i was afraid to accept Knightly. My heart was telling me to beware of him and that he could hurt me badly even if we were true mates but Knightly looked so sincere while kneeling down in front of me that i wished it was a marriage proposal. I couldn't give him an answer when he looked so lovingly at me so i looked at my father.

My father could see what i was going through so he nodded at me to encourage me. I knew from our talk that my parents would be there for me if something happened and that's all i needed so i quickly lifted Knightly up and hugged him tightly. I could see from the corner of my eyes that Lilith couldn't wait to come to us so i called Connor and her too.

We were already close like family and now we were going to be a family. I couldn't ask for more. Everybody sighed in relief when they saw us like that. I was happy when i felt Knightly, Connor and Lilith relax in my arms. They were breathing in my scent. I knew that werewolves did that to calm themselves so i didn't mind.

My only wish was to help them in any way i could now and even six years ago. I quickly said a prayer in my mind. I asked God to keep us safe, close and our love for each other strong. I don't know how long we stood there like that but i enjoyed every minute of it.

We were brought out of our trance by the cry of a child. Connor quickly let me go and looked in the direction of the man standing next to my mother. "I'll go" he said to him and ran up the stairs. I looked questioningly at Knightly and he in return just smiled at me.

Connor came down with a sleeping child in his arms and handed the child to the man standing next to my mother. My mother looked amazed at Connor. She probably thought he was a magician or some child whisperer.

I quickly let go of Knightly and picked up Lilith. She was already half asleep clinging to me. I couldn't blame her  it was already late. I walked to Connor and asked him "Who's this Connor?". Connor smiled at me and took the man's free hand in his hand. "This is my mate Alec, Micah. You were right he found me and i'm so lucky to have two children already"

I smiled at the man and stretched out my hand to him and said "Hi i'm Micah and i'm Knightly's mate. I hope we get along with each other". Then i felt Knightly put his arms around my middle and pull me closer to his chest. He put his nose in the crook of my neck and growled "Mine".

My whole body trembled by the sound of his voice and i just wanted to turn around to kiss him but i controlled myself. My mother suddenly clapped her hands and we looked startled in her direction. She put her hands on her hips and said "It's a school night boys and it's getting late. You could either stay here or go home. You will see each other anyway"

Knightly looked at me with sorrow in his eyes. I could understand him. He found his mate and he wanted to be close to him. If i was a werewolf i would be moving in with Knightly by now but i couldn't do that. I have to know how much Knightly loves me because i still have doubts in my heart and i can't break the promise i made to my parents.

I took his hand in my hand and said "Don't worry Knigh, i'll be here when you need me. I love you too much to leave you now. Were mates remember". He smiled at me and nodded. I knew his emotions weren't stable yet so i handled him with utmost care.

"Thank you love" said Knightly while smiling at me "Can we go on a date tomorrow. I like to talk to you about some things". He looked hopeful at me and i yelled "Yes absolutely my love. Let's talk about the details at school ok" because i never expected to be mated to him. By hearing my nickname for him Knightly pulled me closer to him and kissed me on the lips. It was a brief but sweet kiss. "I kissed you back" he said and winked at me.

I shook my head while chuckling and said "I'm sure we'll have all the time in the world to that when were mated". Just as those words left my mouth i felt a pinch in my heart. Why did i feel this way? Was i afraid to be mated to Knightly or was it something else.

Knightly took Lilith from me and kissed her head "I'm sorry Lilith" he whispered to her. Lilith just smiled in her sleep. Then Knightly walked to my parents and said "Mike and Lidia i don't know how to thank you for helping us out tonight. You don't know how much this means to us".

My father took a step forward and said "You can thank me by being a great mate to my son Knightly because if you ever screw up you won't ever see him again even if his your mate". Knightly growled loudly at my father because he didn't like my father threatening him that he would take his mate away. His alpha dominant side was showing but my father stood his ground.

Connor quickly put a hand on his shoulder to calm him down. "Knigh he's just looking out for his son" Connor said and continued with "We understand Mike. We'll make sure not to screw up because we love him".  My father sighed in relief and bowed his head down to show respect to Knightly.

Seeing that Knightly nodded at my father, said "Thank you Mike" and walked to the door with a sleeping Lilith in his arms. Connor and Alec followed him with their children. I walked to the door after them to show them out. Connor opened the door and i could see Jeremy waiting in the driveway with a limousine.

"See you tomorrow at school Micah" yelled Connor before he stepped in the car and Alec just waved at me. Knightly turned around and hugged me again. he breathed in my scent for the last time and started pulling away. I quickly pulled him back when he was pulling away and kissed him again "I love you Knightly " I said to him looking in his eyes and walked back to the house. Leaving him shocked in our driveway.

Thanks for reading guys. There is a lot more ahead so keep reading.