Chapter 57. Lost in my pain.

Micah's P.O.V

After picking up Kingsley i contemplated about whether to go home to Knightly or to my parent's house because i didn't want to face my children but seeing how Kingsley wasn't doing so well i didn't have any other choice than to go home to Knightly.

Kingsley needed him to get his emotions under control and i couldn't deny my son his father. The whole ordeal with my children rejecting me was taking a heavy toll on me. The only thing i wanted to do was to go to the headquarters and work to get my mind off things but my father already told me that i should rest and only come to work when he called me in.

I sighed and caressed Kingsley's back when i landed in Knightly's bedroom. I could sense that Knightly was in the room next to us which he once told me was Lilith's old room. I suddenly heard Kingsley whimper and quickly walked to the room next to us to find Knightly.

My eyes widened in surprise when i saw that the whole room was now turned into a nursery. There were two beautiful cribs in the room that were separate and one that was conjoined. The whole room was decked out with expensive baby room furniture that we didn't even need because i had raised Kingsley with less than this.

Even the walls were decorated with beautiful baby room art and i shook my head while looking at the expensive looking rocking chair. I then looked at Knightly who was standing with his arms crossed in front of the conjoined crib. He had a smile on his face and quickly turned around to look at me when he sensed me standing at the entrance.

"Wow, you really went out with the room Knigh" i said to Knightly while looking around the room. Knightly smiled at me and then said "Don't you like it. It was a gift from my parents and Lilith. They started working on it the moment i mind linked them to tell them that the twins were born. A few pack members helped them to finish it on time"

I shook my head at him and said "It's beautiful Knigh but it's too much. We don't need all this". Knightly smiled broadly at me and was just about to say something when he sensed how stressed out Kingsley was. He immediately walked up to us and took Kingsley out of my arms. "Hi, baby boy. I'm sorry that i wasn't there for you tonight" said Knightly to Kingsley while he gave Kingsley a kiss on his forehead. Kingsley hugged Knightly tightly and stuck his nose in the crook of Knightly's neck to breath in his scent.

Seeing that Knightly caressed Kingsley's back and asked him "Are you feeling better now baby boy?" Kingsley sighed in relief and whispered "Yes daddy". I leaned in and gave Kingsley a kiss on his head then walked up to the crib. My heart melted seeing my two beautiful children sleeping peacefully in the conjoined crib.

They were both wrapped in swaddle blankets and looked comfortable. I smiled when i realized that the baby girl looked exactly like me. She had my blond hair while the baby boy looked like Kingsley when he was born.

The baby boy whimpered when he sensed me and started crying. My instinct took over and without thinking i quickly leaned over the crib to pick him up but the moment i touched him he started wailing loudly. I got startled by his loud crying and took a step back. Seeing that Knightly quickly handed over Kingsley to me and leaned in to pick up the baby boy before he could wake up his sister with his loud crying.

I looked in daze at Knightly who was now swaying the baby to get him to sleep again. My heart was shattering into pieces and i just wanted to die because the pain was too much to bear. Kingsley who felt my negative emotions clutched my shirt and whimpered. I quickly gathered myself and walked out of the room with Kingsley before i could think about something even worse.

"I'm sorry baby boy" i said to Kingsley while walking to Knightly's bedroom. I decided to take a shower with Kingsley seeing how sweaty we both were. Kingsley didn't say a word while we were in the shower and i knew that i was the one to blame for his behavior. I was lost in my pain and without realizing constantly fed him with my negative energy that proved to have a huge impact on him.