Chapter 49. The aftermath

Knightly's P.O.V

I made my way back to my apartment after announcing to the packs that i was their new king. My goal was to take a shower and go to bed but before i did that i remembered that the packs would surely want to speak to me regarding my reign. Especially the packs which already had a bond with me and i decided to mind link Alec.

 I said to him "Alec make sure that were reachable for every pack tomorrow. I'm sure that they will be calling to make appointments to meet the new king and send an official request to Mike lockwood. He's an elder angel and i'm sure that he has the right tools to guide us through our transition from a pack to a kingdom".

Alec quickly responded with "I'll set up a call centre to make sure every alpha can reach us my king and i'm going to send out the official request to Mike Lockwood right now. I'm sure that you want to meet him as soon as possible". "You're right" i said to Alec through the mind link before i cut it off.

After i was done with my shower i put on a blue t shirt with a black sweatpants and climbed in bed with Micah and Kingsley. I laid down in the middle and pulled Micah and Kingsley closer to me. Micah woke up by my actions and leaned in to kiss me softly on my lips. He smiled at me and said "Well done my love" then put his head on my chest. I gave him a kiss on his forehead in response and smiled.

 Kingsley suddenly threw his right arm around me and i gave him a kiss on his head while i caressed his back. I was so happy that after so many years i finally got to hold my mate and child so freely in my arms that i was beside myself from happiness and fell asleep with a smile on my face. I hadn't slept so well in a while and before i knew it i felt my son pat me on my face while giggling. When i opened my eyes to look at him i realized that it was already morning.

I grabbed my son who was looking at me in amusement and started rolling with him on the bed. Kingsley yelled "Daddy don't. Papa told me to keep my clothes neat or he'll get mad" and tried to get away from me while giggling. I looked around the room and saw that Micah wasn't around but i sighed in relief when i heard the shower first running then being closed.

I looked at my son's attire and realized that he was wearing a neatly pressed black shirt with blue jeans. I hugged my beautiful looking son tightly and asked him " Are you going somewhere baby boy?" Kingsley nodded with his head at me and said "Yes, papa's taking me to our first home again". My heart skipped a beat when i heard Kingsley say that and i asked myself is Micah maybe leaving again.

I was just about to ask Kingsley why they were going back when the bathroom door opened and Micah walked in to the room in his uniform. He looked gorgeous as always and i could see that he felt better because he had his energy back. Micah was still drying his hair with a towel and smiled at me when he realized i was up.

"Good morning my love" he said to me and walked to his bag that was laying in the corner of the room. He then took out a hair gel and a cologne out of the bag. He put them on my dressing table and started grooming his hair.

Seeing that i gave Kingsley a kiss on his cheek then let him go. I then climbed out of the bed and walked up to Micah. Micah was still standing in front of the mirror and i threw my arms around his middle to hug him from behind. I stood there with my head on Micah's shoulder and sighed. Micah leaned in to my chest and asked me "What's wrong my love?" probably because i was clinging on to him.

I breathed in Micah's scent and answered him with "Kingsley just told me that you're taking him back to his first home. He means to the realm of angels right". Micah turned around and threw his arms around my neck. He put his forehead against my forehead and said "Yes, you're right my love but i'm just going back there to see a doctor. My father told me to go for a check-up because of how much power i used yesterday and i'm taking Kingsley with me because there is no one to watch him".