Preparations

Poseidon
After retreating and returning to our original base, Hades came up to me and said that he had a way of having an army without getting severely paralysed.

He could get soldiers from the dead, who could not die again, to fight. In compensation, they'd go to Elysium.

We told the others of this, and everyone approved. Except Zeus. The feud between him and Hades still went on.

I became restless. I just wanted to get in there, get Amphititre out of this place, and only then even think about this war.

We went into an open space and Hades stood in the middle and called on his forces. We saw thousands of soldiers appear behind him.

Hades pointed at me and said,

'He is your leader. Obey him.'

Then Hades grew tired. He had used his powers to such a great extent that he was weaker.

But with the last burst of energy he whispered,

'Thanatos.'

From the ground erupted a huge creature that transformed into an angel, with black wings.

By now Hades was dizzy on the floor, and before we could help him, Thanatos had picked him up.

'As usual, you waste all your energy on me.'

Thanatos was a Titan, but we trusted him as an ally. His master was Hades, but Thanatos had nearly the same amount of power.

The soldiers began to sharpen their weapons and legions of men were formed. I noticed that Artemis was strangely missing, and Aphrodite as well.

I assumed they were just getting their gear on.

Around an hour later, all the gods and goddesses had fully regained their power, and had on the strongest of armours. The Titan's powers can no longer affect us.

All those killed were revived by Zeus and I, and our army was no longer made up of alive soldiers.

The village was fortified. Once the soldiers were split up, they were assigned to one god or goddess. The best trained went with gods and goddesses of war, like Athena and Ares.

I waited while Athena stood in front of the vast army and started pointed at people and assigning them to us.

'Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Thanatos, Ares, Apollo, Hera, me, Enyo, Hephaestus, Persephone, Demeter, Hestia, Calypso... .'

The list went on for a long time. Still I was puzzled, where was Artemis? She was one of our strongest warriors. She could take down many gods.

Aphrodite was probably sitting out. As usual.

'March!'

And with that we began our journey to the village.
________________________________

'They're marching towards us.'

'Are you well prepared?'

'Yes, they have retreated once already. Many of Poseidon's soldiers have been killed.'

'And Poseidon's wife?'

'I still haven't got anything from her.'

'Let me try later.'

'Of course. I will be back.'