New in Court

Poseidon
I hadn't intended on telling Amphititre about Oceanus. Everyone knew that they should never utter his name, but the arrow changes everything.

Oceanus was once the Titan of the Sea. Originally, he was a peaceful and neutral ruler. Once Kronos had made Oceanus change his mind, we had to imprison him in Tartarus as he had also unleashed chaos.

Titans were immortals but were kept in Tartarus. It was nearly impossible to get out, because spells by all types of creatures had been kept on them.

We had tried to eliminate all possible allies of the Titans but once in a while we got attacked. The symbol on the arrow was Oceanus' original symbol, before he turned evil.

I had immediately assemble a court room but we needed Amphititre. She was the first one in the attack area and she could provide us with important information.

Amphititre
I had no idea what to wear and how to act. I didn't have much time left. I spent to much time procrastinating.

After a while, I decided on my clothes and left to meet Poseidon. Once I got there, I saw Poseidon was already waiting for me.

I apologised for being late and he just shrugged it off. We walked along the path until we reached the clearing where I found the dolphin.

'We need you to help us protect Atlantis from any other attacks. What do you know about the incident?' he asked me.

I tried to remember what I saw but I had been to worried about the dolphin. All I said was that the arrow would have had to have come from outside the magic shield because of its direction and how the dolphin was moving.

He invited me to the court before leaving, deep in thought.

I suddenly realised that the dolphin had been hit because it was on Poseidon's symbols. This was just a message for an even larger impending battle.

____________________________

The court room was even larger than I had expected. The halls were adorned with gems that had clearly been given by Hades, who was also the god of wealth.

All the chairs had been crafted by Hephaestus. Demeter has added plants and Persephone flowers.

The hall was full of ministers and courtiers, each siting on their personalised chair. I felt embarrassed as I didn't know where to sit.

My father was also sitting there and had greeted me before going back to his chair.

After standing around for a few minutes in the corner, someone finally gave me a seat fairly close to Poseidon. The room was set up so that the entrance was directly opposite Poseidon, who was in the centre. All other seats were placed in a horseshoe shape.

Court resumed when Poseidon entered, but unlike normal, it had been assembled to discuss what had happened.

'We have had another attack by Oceanus' allies. Although this is just one arrow, we need to go over it. Thanks to Miss Amphititre, we know it got through the magic circle from outside. The question is, should we leave this or focus on it?'

The moment he finished everyone began discussing all of the options and it was quite divided.

'Silence!' Poseidon roared.

'We will have a dignified vote.'

'We cannot. We simply cannot. What we do here should be obvious. A dolphin is Poseidon's symbol. They want to destroy everything established. By harming a dolphin, they are trying to harm Poseidon. They are planning something more.' I argued.

I was surprised myself at my outburst. I was normally quite a shy person.

'She's right. Get all my head ministers from all other cities here immediately. Miss Amphititre, you are coming with me to the Underworld.'

_____________________________

Has anyone else experience the problem with italics and bold when your re typing chapters? I can't copy and paste anymore.

Hope you liked this chapter! Vote and comment if you did.