An Order from the Fates

Poseidon
Once we got back to Atlantis, Amphititre and I parted ways and I had to meet up with the ministers who we had left in charge to discuss how the realm had been run.

Everything went as normal but a message had arrived from one of the Gods. Only I could open that, because they were often shrouded in spells and nonsense to mortals.

I took the tablet to an empty room and slowly words began to appear on the flat surface.

'Come to our abode immediately, no matter how busy you are. This is important.'

Then in the corner, the sender appeared. At that I gasped; it was from the Fates.

It was very rare to receive a message from the Fates. All the Gods weren't very controlled by them if they were married. As I wasn't, sometimes they changed my path in life.

This meant I'd have to go to Olympus. And meet irritating people like Demeter and Aphrodite. The latter was even worse. I'd make this trip as quick as possible. I hated visiting Olympus.

Again, I left the realm in the hands of people I trusted and teleported to Olympus. The moment I walked into the main hall of the palace;

'I heard you went to the Underworld. How's is Persephone? Is that idiot of a brother treating her well? The next time I see Hades I will-'

'She's happy with Hades and has made new friends,' I replied and was about to walk of.

'Are you sure? Has Hades just made you tell that to us?'

'I swear on the River Styx, that is the truth.'

She finally gave up questioning me.

After walking two steps,

'Hello Poseidon. And how are you today? We could meet up later you know?'

'Too busy, Aphrodite. Goodbye.'

All the others gods and goddesses greeted me in a polite way. I made an excuse about visiting the gardens before I went off to the Fates.

They sat in a large room in a building made for them. All around the walls were yarns of threads on shelves. A large table was in the middle. It was golden so it was the table of the Gods.

Zeus' and Hera's threads were slightly faded and knotted, but still together. The same was with Aphrodite's and Hephaestus'.

I stood in the corner waiting. Angering the Fates wasn't really a very good idea. Especially as they never had the time to stop weaving. For them to speak to you was a miracle.

'We have to make this short. This blue thread is yours. As you can see it is intertwined with another. We called you here to inform you.'

I stood there speechless.

'In fact there is a prophecy about you,

One god, the ruler of a realm,
Will meet another,
She will respect him but think nothing more,
And the other will not dwell on it at all.
They are Fated,
But only one can make the other realise so.

That person is you.'

I finally replied that I thought I would never be married to anyone.

'But then there is a thread intertwined already.'

'Alright, but who is this person?'

'We want you to find out.'

'There is an incredible amount of people I'd have to go through.'

Anger then took control of me. I threatened to knock off their threads from the wall.

Clearly irritated they gave in. Once I had calmed down,

'That person is Amphititre.'