Fire and Ice

I didn't really write lots in this chapter, especially the battle. While I keep going with the book, I'll come back to the previous chapters and add and edit. I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Poseidon

I was already running late. The time it took to transition and move around in Mount Olympus differed with Zeus' mood. And Zeus was clearly angry today, probably because two gods were going to fight each other. But Athena is wrong to try to win against someone like me. As I arrived at the field, I could already sense the presence of the huntresses. They were clearly here because it was Athena fighting. The huntresses would always remain invisible as they didn't want to put any attention on themselves.

Apollo was going to be the adjudicator again. And the off-field medic. Although we are immortals, and our wounds heal quickly, sometimes it causes the schedule of each God to go off track and nobody wanted that.

Athena

Artemis was flying directly above and was communicating to me. She seemed much more worried than I was. She was my closest friend, after all. I could sense Zeus' discomfort, in the fact that his brother and daughter were fighting.

I was unfazed by this, but I knew that he had the power to stop this all. I really didn't want him to because I wanted to show Poseidon that I could and would win.

Apollo

The match began and already I could see that Athena didn't want to hurt Poseidon, even though she was full of anger. Poseidon began and hurled waves at Athena and ran with his sword but as usual, Athena knew he would be the one who would start and that he would attack. She just defended everything and was aiming to tire Poseidon out.

Soon the whole field was, as Zeus called it, 'ripped to shreds.' Everything was a mess, some areas were burnt, some were trodden on badly, and the abundance of water didn't help the plants. Demeter would enjoy repairing the plants, especially as Persephone was with Hades at the moment. They were here, and they loved each other, but it was obvious that Demeter would never accept it.

It got dark and the battle went on but by now the onlookers were worried. Both had suffered from cuts and bruises, and Zeus was getting more and more angry with the event. And just as we all expected, he ended it. He fired two bolts at them and both Poseidon and Athena glared at him. Although Athena was calm soon, Poseidon was terribly angry at his younger brother. They left arguing with each other. Hera told everyone to go to their palaces. And as I looked back, I couldn't help but notice how opposite their tactics were.