The Surprise

Just for your information, a Nereid is a mermaid creature. Enjoy the chapter!

Amphititre
I heard a knock on the door and got to it before Lyra. Standing in front of me was Poseidon.

'I have a surprise for you!'

He seemed quite excited. I told him I'd be ready in a minute. The moment I shut the door Lyra squealed. She ran to my closet and began throwing all my clothes onto the bed until she found one she liked.

It was a casual dress but now she was tugging at my hair. Clearly she was more excited than I was. I just sat there wondering what the surprise was going to be.

Poseidon then led me to one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. By now we had teleported somewhere so I was still in human form.

We were on land, on a cliff that overlooked the sea. The sun was setting and below was a coral reef that made the water pretty. I was amazed that such a place even existed.

I stood there for several minutes before I realised that Poseidon was no longer by my side.

He had sat down and somehow food was in front of him and he was eating. I sat down and started eating as well. The food is amazing in the palace.

'Do you like it?'

'It's amazing.'

He was smiling at me. Aw, he's so sweet. Wait, where did that come from? A day ago, I was wondering and looking at the worst situations. Maybe, it could turn out alright after all.

Poseidon
Once we finished, I was too eager to jump into the water, since I had a connection with it and all. 

I jumped and changed into a dolphin midway. I made a loud splash into the water and the moment I resurfaced I saw Amphititre looking down at me with something in her eyes. Mischief and awe? I must have got the first one wrong.

Suddenly she jumped, I was about to create some sort of soft landing when she transformed into her Nereid form. Compared to me, she only created a small ripple when she entered the water.

She grabbed onto my fin and we plunged deeper into the coral. Finally we reached our destination. The central part of this reef was filled with incredible creatures who recognised us and immediately bowed. She looked really surprised when she realised that it wasn't me they were bowing to. I secretly 'disappeared' so they didn't know I was there.

And then I reappeared and began to take her further.