Change of Plan

I've reached 200 views and 50 votes! It is much more than I expected. Thank you to everyone who has continuously been voting and reading.

Amphititre
The light made me wake up. I expected to see one of my sisters nearby before I realised that I was in Poseidon's palace.

'Good morning, my lady.'

I heard a voice coming from the corner. It was from one of the maids assigned by Poseidon to take care of me.

Soon I was ready for the day. I wondered what it was going to be like in the palace. I also missed my older sister. She should have got the job, not me. She had more experience then I did, but still I had been chosen.

Atlantis was a vast city, decorated and clean. My window overlooked the palace gardens. I wanted to visit. There were so many different things to explore.

After I had finished my breakfast, I was told that I would be able to go anywhere in and around the palace except the south wing, where  Poseidon's chambers were.

I wandered around, in awe of the splendour and beauty of the building, from both the inside and the outside. The gardens too were ornate. All the plants had been trimmed perfectly and coral grew along the path.

Suddenly, I heard a high pitched scream. I quickly rushed to the source. A dolphin lay there, with an arrow in its tail, marked with a sign. 

I pulled out the arrow, and wrapped some seaweed around the wound as bandages. The arrow had been sharp, and there was a lot of blood.

I had not seen that symbol before. It was as if it had been eradicated from all underwater education here.

Soon, healers from the palace had arrived and were helping the dolphin. I looked down at my dress. It was dirty. I'd have to go through the whole process of getting ready again.

'You did well. You saved him.'

I heard a voice from behind me. I turned and saw Poseidon himself examining the arrow. Even though he wasn't looking up I curtsied, having not prepared what would happen if I actually encountered Poseidon.

Picking up the arrow, he addressed me,

'Meet me here in one hour. Get ready.'

And with that he left as quickly as he had arrived. Immediately, I rushed back to my room. I realised that today would not be as normal as I had expected. In fact, it was going to be the very opposite.