Harnessing Powers

Amphititre
I woke up to a horrendous headache. My legs were stiff, and my voice was hoarse. And then everything came back to me.

'Stay away from Poseidon.'

Why would she say that? I'll ask Poseidon later.

I left my room and saw Poseidon walking with a trident in his hand.

'Why on earth are you carrying that?'

'Oh, umm, I might have nearly killed Aphrodite.'

'You look like you enjoyed it.'

'The three of us did.'

'Three?'

'Hera, Hades and I.'

I paused.

'Why did Aphrodite tell me to stay away from you?'

Poseidon turned angry. Just before he stormed off I grabbed him, which softened his actions.

'She thinks she has a chance with me.'

Now that made me angry. I took the first thing I saw and smashed it on the floor.

Poseidon chuckled.

'You're just like Hera.'

I looked him questionably.

He just responded with, 'you have a lot to learn about the family.'

I realised that we had been walking for quite a while. We were back at the cliff he had shown me so long ago.

'What creature do you like the most?'

'Dolphins.'

'Think of what a dolphin looks like. Then jump.'

I tried and jumped. I was falling so I transformed into my Nereid and entered the water. I looked up and saw Poseidon at the top of the cliff.

I felt myself rising and saw that I was on a bit of water that was flying. Before long, I was on the cliff again.

'Hmm, imagine yourself as a dolphin while in mid-air.'

'How on earth am I up here?'

'I can control water and so can you.'

Before I could respond, he nudged me off the cliff. That idiot.

Oh I'm falling.

Dolphin.

I shut my eyes and felt myself entering the water. I felt something nudge me.

'Open your eyes.'

And when I did, I saw a dolphin. And then I looked at myself and realised that I was a dolphin.

Jellyfish.

I might have accidentally stung Poseidon.

Whale.

Starfish.

Great white shark.

This is so much fun.

Poseidon
Watching her changing into so many different forms is actually hilarious. And petrifying for the other fish around her.

I finally managed to stop her from changing and told her to try and lift some water. Again, she took a couple of goes before she did. We went up to a high ledge and tried from there. She is really good at this now.

Suddenly, I realised that water was coming at me. And then she tripped me into the water. I guess that was her revenge for earlier.

Once back in dry land, I was dripping wet and she had not a single drop of water on her. What a lovely way to end the day.