Intertwined

The Fates

As usual we were tying and untying the threads as we looked at the loom of the gods. Hades' and Persephone's were beautifully intertwined, vibrant in their love. Zeus' and Hera's very intertwining but only Hera's was bright. Poseidon's was dull, far from the rest of the threads.

Athena was already here but patiently waiting while we looked over our threads when Hera arrived. But she was so annoyed that she used all her power but blew over some of our wool. We know looked at her. She was now to be regarded as a pest.

'I demand answers now.'

Hera was seriously irritated. You could see that she prided herself as the queen of gods.

'You know that we cannot change Fate.'

'I want to know if my brother will be happy soon.'

We thought before we said in unison,

'Poseidon is restless but soon will find what he needs.'

After the goddesses left we unravelled a new thread from the wool and added it to the loom, along with the gift of already being of age. Slowly, we pulled the thread of her to Poseidon's, tying them together gently. Now the magic of Fate would begin.

Athena

Hera seemed so flustered but what do you expect? She probably still isn't satisfied.

We were going to descent to the mortal world soon and I knew that Poseidon was furious that we were not fighting. He was restless. I relaxed for the rest of the day. Hypnos' bed made you feel like you had slept forever. Just one drop from the God of sleeps' perfume was enough to make you really sleep.

I understood what they meant. This was just a distraction for him. Soon, this would become insignificant in his life.

We descended down to King Cecrops where lavish food and service had been arranged. Hermes had delivered the message. Poseidon and I were directed into an enormous hall where all the ministers and the king himself were waiting. After we greeted each other, we began thinking of a way of finishing the claim.

Poseidon seemed different so suddenly. He wasn't as interested and was much more peaceful. He wasn't in a battle mood. People find it ironic that I am the goddess of battle yet I am much more of a calm person. I do know that no one wants to anger me, especially the gods.

We came to a decision that the people of the city would decide who was the best, by choosing the gift we presented that they liked more. We would come back the next day, when the message had been announced to the public. I looked forward to what I would give, as I had a head start on knowing that Poseidon would not have a clue on what to give.

Disguised, and in my mortal appearance, I walked around the town, admiring the work that Cecrops had put in to the city. I entered the market looking at the expensive items that were offered to me. When I decided that I wanted to buy something for Astraea, I looked more carefully. Wandering into a smaller area of the town, I heard the shout of a woman from behind me. A rogue man was holding a knife to her neck and asking for her money. She was evidently wealthy. I asked him to put the sword.

Indignantly he replied, 'Who are you to ask?'
I patiently let him taunt me to let the lady escape into the crowd, which had know circled around us.

'You are a filthy beggar woman, who seems so confident of herself.'

With that I got furious. I transformed into my original goddess self, taller and more radiant, appearing as I did in paintings and statues. The crowd bowed while I glared at the cowering man. White tendrils appeared from the ground through a large crack. I controlled them to grab at him and pulled him down to the Underworld, to let Hades deal with him.

Quickly, I covered the crack and asked the lady if she was alright. Then, realising that I shouldn't stick around for much longer, I ascended back into Olympus, hoping Poseidon wouldn't be there saying that it gave me an unfair advantage over the contest. Surprisingly I couldn't find him anywhere, not even in the Throne Room. Ignoring it, I went back to my daily routine in Olympus.

If anyone was wondering, Astraea is a minor goddess of innocence. I just added her in so I could make the chapter longer.

Also the next chapter is going to be important for the plot.

And, thank you so much for 100 views.