Swimming in Confusion

This is the chapter where you meet Amphititre. It will be completely in her point of view.

Amphititre
All fifty of us swam through the shoals of dolphins without any attention to what was around. I could not wait to go back to the reef and hide as I glimpsed Poseidon's home, Atlantis, the supposed lost city of the mortals.

I was a Nereid, the oldest daughter of Doris and Nereus. My mother Doris is the daughter of Oceanus, the Titon of the sea. They are Poseidon's advisors and friends, but Poseidon has never payed attention to us.

Thetis and I were, as usual, ahead of them all. All of us were close but Thetis understood me very well.

Soon, Atlantis came into view. I stopped and admired all its splendour. The tall golden horses stood in at the gates. Behind them, the palace extended far and wide. Outside, gardeners tended to the sea garden and reef. The stables were tended to and the guards did well at their job.

'Wish you could live there?'

I turned and saw Hestia. I curtsied, not knowing what to say.

'It's a beautiful place.'

The goddess said something about visiting her brother and rode her chariot into the grounds.

Even though I knew that I was expected to never go into the palace, I couldn't bring my mind of wondering what it would be like to enter the building.

I sneaked past the carts and supplies coming in. But the moment I stuck my hand past the gates, I got flung back. There was a shield protected the palace as anyone could enter. That's why that it was a shelter against all evil forces.

I went swimming further then usual, saying that I wanted to explore. On my way, something changed. I felt extreme pain and then a new emotion covered it. I didn't mention it to anyone when I came back, not even Thetis or my parents.

It troubled me, that no one in our extremely large family had ever experienced something like this.

The day went by normally but I still felt so reenergised and joyous. Even though I was happy to feel so cheerful, I still had the feeling of knowing that something just wasn't right.

It's a very short chapter but I hoped that you still enjoyed it. The bit where she feels all the pain and then energy is when the Fates pull her thread and tie it to Poseidon's.