The Underworld

Poseidon
To be honest, I had not expected Amphititre's little outburst at all. But what she said was right. I decided that I had to visit Hades and see whether there was abnormal activity with the Titans.

Taking Amphititre along would be good for her experience and also give Persephone a friend that she had wanted. I laughed at Amphititre's shocked face when I said that we would be visiting the Underworld. Her reaction added some humour into very serious discussions.

Often Zeus and I would visit Hades, but just like me Hades would never visit Olympus unless absolutely necessary. Olympus is beautiful but the deep topics that we speak about are such a burden to listen to, especially as a major god.

The Underworld is shrouded by magic spells that do not let anyone leave or enter without Hades' permission. I had to send a note in advance so that I would not be chased by his three Furies. A mistake I will never make again.

The Furies have always been loyal to Hades, no matter what the situation. At any events Hades used to hold before Demeter persuaded Zeus to help her with the feud with Hades. Now, Hades is on a mission to let Persephone choose where she was and for how long.

Hades was the person to go if you ever wanted to meet anyone if they had died. It had been very helpful at times to talk to these people.

Once I got the go ahead to come to the Underworld, I readied the chariot. My horses were already there waiting for me.

Amphititre
I still haven't got over the shock of Poseidon's last order. Why did he suddenly want me to go with him to the Underworld?

Once I went to the stables, Poseidon was already on the chariot. I got onto it and held onto the bar at the back. A sense of falling enveloped me and black seemed to be creeping upwards.

'You can open your eyes now.'

Once I did, I saw that we were somewhere completely different. There was a huge palace in front of me. Behind me  was another building and a river ran between it. A boat was also docked in the middle. 

At the top of the stairs were a man and a woman, who stood slightly further back. I took it that they were Hades and Persephone. We greeted each other warmly before Hades and Poseidon walked off somewhere and I was left standing in the hallway.

Everywhere I looked I could see jewels. Hades owned everything underneath the ground so he got the gold, silver and whatever else was buried.

'Would you like to come with me?'  I heard a soft voice from behind me. It was the voice of Persephone, who beckoned me to follow her to a room.

'Who are you? Hades did not tell me that someone else would be coming with my uncle.'

I explained everything to her, why I was here, how I had only recently met Poseidon, what my parents did and the recent attacks.

Suddenly, someone burst through the doors.

'I was looking everywhere for you Persephone.'

A lady was standing there. She wore a long black chiton, and was clearly a goddess.

'This is Hecate. She is the goddess of magic and night. Although she is my minister, she is one of my very close friends.'

After we introduced ourselves, I was taken to a room where I would be staying. I did not actually realise that we would be staying for a few days, but I guess that was expected for anyone who visited the Underworld.

________________________________

I apologise for not publishing a new chapter recently. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you did please vote or comment.