Chapter 38: Friday, 1 day until initiation

Tris

Where am I?

Is it my apartment or Tobias'?

Looks like his.

Uh, so much light...

I need more sleep.

But why am I alone?

Where's Tobias?

Why isn't he in bed with me?

I take a look around and call out his name, but the apartment stays silent. He's not here. I roll over in the empty bed and try to figure out why I'm here alone, but my stupid head feels strangely empty and my mind works slower than usual. It is as if thick fog was swirling around in there, and I had to find my way through it without really seeing where I was going. Unstructured memories flash before my eyes, and I can't bring them together yet to form a complete picture.

I run along the hallways, trying to keep my breathing steady despite the sprint. I can't wait to see him, to wrap my arms around him, to be with him.

"To celebrate the end of initiation, I want to pass you some drinks and clink glasses with you. I'm sure you'll all manage to pass the exam on Saturday," Lauren says solemnly, looking around at us all gathered in the rather small observation office beside the fear landscape room.

"Tris, are you alright?" He's so cute when he's worried about me. But there's really nothing to be worried about. I feel so good, so light. "More than alright," I say, beaming over at my hot boyfriend, his tousled hair a mess around his handsome face.

We extend our arms into the middle of our circle, raising the glasses above our heads to celebrate that we're going to be full members in two days. It's either that or being factionless.

One moment I sit on Tobias lap, and the next he wraps an entire arm around my back and flips us over. Suddenly I'm on my back, trapped underneath him, pushed down into the mattress by his weight, and I absolutely love it.

It is hard to pick a fear that I want to talk about. I don't need help with my fears, I manage my landscape well on my own. Okay, except for one fear, and that's the one I can't talk about. How ironic. Instead, I have to listen to other initiate's suggestions about how to get rid of the crows more efficiently. I hope they'll run out of ideas soon, so we can continue with someone else's simulation.

Tobias is above me. He kisses down my body before he takes off my pants. The way he looks at my almost naked body is intense. "Like what you see?" I ask with a grin.

"It was about time for a break," Marlene sighs, and Uriah wraps an arm around her waist. "What, aren't you interested in discussing more fears?" he gasps in fake shock, causing everyone in our group to burst out laughing. "I'll go to the bathroom," I say to explain why I sneak away, but all I want is more of this tasty punch Lauren mixed for us.

My hands grab his butt, and I pull him close to me with all the force I have. My body longs for him. I long for him. We're so close, so close that I can feel his tip press against my soaked panties. If it wasn't for the little fabric between us, he'd be pushing himself right into me.

Nobody is paying attention to me as I enter the room again, so I refill my glass unnoticed by anyone. They're all so focused on Christina's description of being attacked by moths. For once, I'm thankful she can be so theatrical.

"I want to do it." I'm proud how strong and determined my voice sounds. "Tris," he hisses, his hands flying to my cheeks. "Tobias," I respond, and then a chuckle fights its way out of my mouth at seeing his expression. By no chance can he hide that he wasn't expecting me to say this.