Chapter 18

Tobias

Tris wraps her hands around my neck, and we lose ourselves in a kiss. I need to be closer to her, so I take a step forward. She stumbles backwards against the wall and pulls me with her. My body comes flush with hers as I press against her. Our hands are everywhere, pushing and pulling, and I'm getting hard. Tris pulls my shirt over my head and throws it away hurriedly, then takes off her own top. Heat radiates off her naked skin.

I reach around her back to unclasp her bra. My hands roam over her naked back, then move to her chest. I massage her breasts and she moans into my mouth. I can't resist biting her lip softly, and she reacts by playfully pinching one of my nipples between her fingers.

I grab her hips and lift her up to carry her over to the kitchen. She wraps her legs around me and joins her feet right underneath my butt. I sit her down on the counter, and we begin rolling our hips against each other. The friction is delicious with her legs spread so wide around me.

Then Tris magically sneaks a hand between our bodies and opens the button of my jeans. Her hands slip into my pants from behind, kneading my ass and pulling me against her. I groan in pleasure. Oh, how much I want her...

Too suddenly, I wake with a start. And a hard-on. Wow, what a dream! I close my eyes again and replay the images in my mind as I rest back into the pillows. Usually my dreams end up being nightmares, but this one was... hot. I sigh as I try to hold on to the feeling I had in it, with Tris and me both being so confident and harmonic. Will it be like this in reality one day, too?

I open my pants underneath the quilt, slide a hand into my boxer briefs and begin to stroke myself. I go slowly at first, then increase the speed as my lust grows. It's not something I do often, because of the hint of guilt that still comes along whenever I touch myself, a heritage of growing up in Abnegation. But I don't want to occupy my mind with worries now.

Instead, I focus on Tris, mixing memories of our time together with fantasies I have about the two of us and the reminiscence of my dream's passion, still vivid in my heart and body. I imagine it was her hand around my shaft, moving up and down with the perfect amount of pressure. I groan as I feel myself getting closer to my release.

And then I hear Tris' voice.

"Tobias, stop!"

What's that? She's here? I open my eyes and turn my head towards the door, and there she is, eyes cast down to her feet. In one hand she's holding a coffee mug, in the other a bagel in a transparent plastic bag.

I pull my hands out from under the quilt and sit up. Why do I feel as if I have to justify myself? I'm momentarily lost for words. What do you actually say when your girlfriend walks in on you while you're putting hands on yourself?

"I thought you had training," is what I finally hear myself stutter.

Wow, what a way to start talking to her. I inwardly swear at my stupidity.

Tris

I silently close the door behind me and tiptoe into Tobias' apartment. I plan to hold the mug of steaming hot coffee right under his nose to wake him up, but my plan turns to dust when I freeze the moment I see him. Tobias isn't sleeping anymore. On the contrary, he's more than awake, his hands under his blue quilt, moving up and down above his groin. The quilt covers him only up to his stomach. He's still shirtless, his head bowed back, his eyes squeezed shut. His whole face looks as if he's in sweet pain.

Here I stand, rooted to the spot, and after the first reflex of turning my eyes away, curiosity gets the better of me and I look up again. The sight of Tobias pleasuring himself is surprisingly arousing. Watching him do it is stirring my insides, filling me with nervous anticipation of what we are going to experience together sooner or later. I can't take my eyes off him.