Chapter 51

"Love, love is such a crazy thing. Never understood the way I was supposed to feel. Is this love for real?"

Chapter song: Love is Such a Crazy Thing By P!NK

(Becca's p.o.v.)
-9am-
It's a misty New York morning, which would be relaxing, if I didn't have to wake up to the news of Justin and Sofia. Ugh, I don't even step out in public, and yet I'm still bombarded with all this shit about Sofia. I don't care. These are my thoughts on the concept, coming from Justin's wife: Justin and I are still doing great. People need to chill.

My phone buzzes rigorously, so I answer it while watching an energetic Esther run around my loft, chasing her tail and such.

"Hello?" I bite my lip and walk across the hardwood floor, dragging my feet since I just woke up. I throw on one of Justin's black jackets since it's freezing in here.
"Hey baby," Justin's delicate voice sounds through the phone, a strong static coming with it.
"Hey," I don't really know what to begin with. I'm not mad at him, but I'm just a little hesitant to ask about Sofia.
"Are you ok?"
"Yeah, just chilling out in my loft. I just woke up."
"Really? It's 3pm over here in Ireland," Justin states amiably, like he always does when he's having a good day.
"Wow. How is it?" I ask softly, feeling a abnormal distance between us. It feels weird. I think it's just how far away he is, the fact that I can't actually see him.
"It's cool. Very green," he chuckles, making me softly giggle. Then there's an awkward pause between us.

"Becca, about that thing I wanted to tell you the other night, I know people are getting worked up about me and Sofia. It's really no big deal. Actually, during rehearsal the other day, uhm, Alfredo and I were talking, and we made a...He thought it would be a good idea to...just get to know Sofia. I mean, we're going to be working together for the rest of the tour, so why not? I figured you'd be ok with it," Justin explains nonchalantly, sounding a bit uneasy.

"Yeah. I'm totally ok with it. You guys are just hanging out," I shrug like it's nothing to me. It is nothing to me. Justin's a very social person, unlike me, so it's not anything out-of-the-blue for him to hang out with other people, especially girls. I'm fine with it. He's friends with Hailey, Kendall, all these models, yet we're still as strong as ever.

"Yeah...Becca, I love you," he breathes into the phone, and it's like he's right here in my arms.
"I love you too babe," I smile merrily even though he can't see it.
"I'll call you later ok? I've gotta hit the road," Justin states briefly, clearly in a rush.
"Ok. Talk to you soon." At that moment, I feel my phone buzz against my ear, signaling another call. I quickly hang up to answer my incoming call.

"Hello?" I fiddle with the tags of my blanket.
"Becca, have you seen Justin?! Oh my god, I can't believe him!" Mallory's voice exclaims through the phone, which takes me my surprise.
"Calm down, girl. It's ok. I just talked to him. It's not anything serious," I plainly reason with her, and I almost laugh at how extreme she's taking this.
"He said that?" Mallory questions suspiciously.
"Yeah, and as cheesy as it sounds, I just know him so well. I know he'd never cheat on me, especially with a kid," I state like it's common sense. Well, it IS common sense.
"Wow, that was very...unexpected," Mallory admits, not freaking out anymore.
"We're doing just fine. Don't worry," I assure her knowingly while flinging the blanket off my body.
"That's good to hear. I just wanted to check up on you," she states so amiably and kindly. I can't help but smile to myself.

"Thanks Mallory. How are you doing?" I ask her while walking over to the coffee machine in the kitchen.
"I'm great, just hanging out with Chaz. We're going to Hawaii next week," she states with great anticipation, and I can hear the excitement in her voice.
"Really?! Oh, that sounds like so much fun! You guys deserve it," I gather the coffee creamer and Splenda while the coffee machine begins.
"Yeah. I can't wait," she giggles happily. She seems so happy, which makes me miss Justin. I can't wait to see him, hold him, kiss him.
I wish he were here right now, so we can have those late night talks like we always do. He can flirt with me while I can watch him take off his shirt. He can tickle me while I can pinch his cheeks. He can cuddle me while I can bury myself in his warmth.