Chapter 29

|| "I feel your fear surrounded by your skin. You feel my heartbeat vibrate so violent."

Chapter song: Cold Blooded by Khalid ||

(Becca's p.o.v.)
-7pm-
The AMAs just started, and Justin and I sit beside each other. It feels like we're the only ones in the whole room. Scooter couldn't make it to see Justin win his award, but Justin says he doesn't mind. It's so loud in the building, with the excited audience and all the enthusiastic talking into microphones. At one time, Justin and I used to enjoy these kind of events, parties, award shows, festivals, but it's gotten so old. The excitement of fame eventually wore off, and now I've realized how boring and fake these events actually are. It's like a script I've read so many times.

"We're the best couple in the room right now," Justin whispers in my ear, beaming with pride.
"You think so?" I smile as the show hosts talk on stage, sending excited hollers echoing across the room.
"Yeah. Plus, we're so hot," he flicks his eyebrows at me.
"Don't get too carried away now," I smirk teasingly at him, and he chuckles.
"Should I walk up shirtless when I get my award?" Justin asks, making me snap my eyes to him.
"Why the hell would you do that?" I give him a quizzical grin. I honestly don't know if he's kidding or not. Justin's not afraid to do something like that.
"I don't know. I'm just bored," he cracks up after shrugging.
"When are you supposed to win?" I gaze at his flawless hair, fully aware that he didn't even try to make it look presentable. He still looks like perfection, whether he tries or doesn't try.
"In another 30 minutes," he estimates, so I know we have plenty of time to kill.
"Well then, let's get a soda or something," I insist him and stand up from my seat while holding his hand.
"Ok," he follows me up to the VIP lounge, where there's a concession stand. There's lounge chairs and a tv as well, showing the award show.
"It's so much quieter here," Justin releases my hand, walking to the counter.
"I know. Can you get me a Sprite?" I stand behind to study the fancy lounge.
"Yeah," he orders while I watch the show on tv. Bruno Mars is performing right now, so I watch the performance since I'm a fan of him.
"Here, baby," Justin hands me a glass of Sprite, joining me in watching the show. I sit down on the lounge chair, admiring how amazing Justin is.
"I'm proud of you, babe. You're such a good person, you know?" I hold Justin's hand and look up at him in wonder.
"That's nice of you to say," he sits beside me and kisses my cheek, holding his lips against my skin for a few seconds longer. I keep holding his hand throughout our limited time. 30 minutes passes by so fast, so we have to return to our seats. Plus, more people are coming into the lounge.

"Wait backstage for me, ok?" Justin asks me when we sit back down.
"Why?" I rest my hand on his, his warmth shooting up my arm.
"We're leaving right after," he tells me as the category for best male artist features on stage.
"Ok," I see Kendall Jenner walk up to announce Justin's name.
"And the best male artist is...Justin Bieber!" Kendall exclaims; then Justin rises up from his seat. I stand up too, so he can kiss me on camera, just the claim each other for the world. To my surprise, I hear a few people boo us, or me. It makes me nervous and a little embarrassed, so after Justin walks up stage, I scurry my way to the backstage entrance.

It's quiet and relaxed, like the lounge, and it calms my nerves. I just don't understand what all the booing is about. What did I do? Why do people hate me? Why is Max out of jail? How am I supposed to feel safe? I can't even go places without feeling terrified.
Looking around, I see Justin walk off stage, so I wait by the door for him.

"And now our next performance is by the one and only, Selena Gomez!" After the announcement, I see Selena walk on stage as the music to her new song plays. I roll my eyes during her performance, waiting for Justin to arrive, so we can escape all this bullshit. She sings like she's so heartbroken. It's such a lie, and I want to shout it out to the whole world. To make matters worse, she starts crying at the end. It's the perfect manipulative plan. Dammit. She has everyone feeling sorry for her, switching all their hate on me. Fuck.