Chapter 16

"I'll do anything you say if you say it with your hands. And I'll be smart to walk away, but your quicksand."

Chapter song: Treacherous by Taylor Swift

-Sunday, 9am-
Becca and I passed out on the couch at around 11pm, about 3 seasons into 'The Office.' Now I feel gross from not brushing my teeth or anything. "Good morning baby," Becca steps out from the bathroom. "Hey," I yawn while stepping off the couch. "What a night huh?" she jokes while brushing her wet hair. "Yeah," I chuckle in a raspy morning voice. "I'm gonna heat up some of those leftover tacos. You should freshen up. Today's a big day for you," she hugs me, then dances into the kitchen. I smile to myself before going into the bathroom and starting the shower. The warm water rinses out all the grogginess from my body, making we feel so much more alive. During the shower, I brush my teeth and shave. I need to look good for the Grammys tonight. My fashion designers are supposed to call and tell me when and where to drop off both Becca's and my outfit for tonight.
I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around my waist. My hair keeps dripping water droplets down my face and onto my chest. Just as I step out, my phone buzzes, and it's probably my fashion designers. "Hello?" I hold the phone to my ear. "Hey Justin, we've got your outfits ready. Is 3pm a good time to come by?" one of my fashion designers asks from the other line. "Yeah, that's cool. Thanks," I speak before drying myself off and changing into a tee shirt and sweats.
When I walk back into the kitchen, Becca's finished heating up the tacos. "Here baby," she hands me a plate with two tacos and a piece of toast. "This looks great," I smirk, then sit at the table. "I made it myself," she sits beside me with her plate. "Well, most of it," I purposely mess with her. "Whatever," she gives me a playful glare. "My fashion designers are coming over around 3 to get us ready." "Wow. That's early," Becca points out. "Yeah, well the longer hair, the longer the time," I joke and toss my hair to the side. "That's pretty accurate," she giggles. "Hey, I want to show you something after breakfast," I tell her with an anticipated smile. "More surprises?" "Yep," I give her a cheesy grin, then take my last bite. "Let me change clothes real quick," she finishes her breakfast before going over to her suitcase. Meanwhile, I just watch her change into a grey sweater and a pair of sweats. I grab the car keys, take her hand, and walk out. We buckle up, and I drive off to the special place I want to show Becca. "How far is this place?" Becca uses her mirror to put on lip gloss. "Not far," I speak vaguely, so I don't spoil her surprise. She just smiles at me as she puts her makeup in her purse. After about 3 minutes of driving, I pull up to another building, a smaller one. It has glass windows, resembling a shop. Come on baby," I motion her to get out of the car. I hold her hand while entering the building. The room is all white with several tall stands. "It's your new art store and workplace," I spread my arms out to make my presentation have more animation. "Justin, wow," Becca gasps as her eyes wander the room. "Do you like it?" "I love it! Oh, thank you so much Justin. I'm so excited!" she hugs me tight, then starts to look around as if she's in heaven. "I thought you would," I admire how happy she looks. I feel like I've accomplished everything in life, just making her happy. And I'm happy too. There's no other place with no other person I want to be with. If the world just happened to end right now, I don't think I have any regrets. I'd die the happiest guy in the world.

"I've always wanted my own art studio. How did you find this?" Becca drags her fingertips across the solid white walls. "I have my ways. Plus, you said you wanted more room to paint. Now, you have plenty of room, and you can display it. You can have more own auctions," I grab both her hands and smile at her. "You think I'm that good? I don't know if people would buy—" "Babe, a ton of people bought your art at that convention a few months ago. How can you not think people would buy from you?" "Mm, I don't know," she smiles sheepishly in a blush. "Don't be so cute," I stroke her cheek and smile at her. "Don't talk about yourself," she shoots back sarcastically. "Good one," I lead her to the back of the building, where all the art supplies are. "Oh my god, where'd you get all this stuff?" Becca exclaims in awe. "Like I said, I have my ways," I reuse my comeback. "This is so cool." "Paint something for me," I sit down on a lounge couch. "Really?" Her blue eyes splash in excitement. "Yeah. You have time to at least start on something," I rest my arms behind me as I watch her remain frozen. "Ok," she stutters before studying her art supplies. "Music?" I pull out my phone. "Sure," Becca gathers her brushes and sets up her canvas. "What do you want to listen to?" "Hm, The Chainsmokers," she gives me a shy smile. "Hey, I'm not offended," I chuckle and play 'Paris' by The Chainsmokers. The music fills the room while Becca enters her imagination and brings her thoughts to life. I keep checking my phone for any important messages or calls.
-4pm-
My designers came an hour ago. They've showed us our outfits, which we're really neat. I got a leopard print jacket, and I'm keeping it casual with black skinny jeans and a cap. That's for my performance. For the red carpet, I'm wearing a white suit jacket, layered over black pants and a dress shirt. Becca has a black dress that trails behind her heels and exposes her upper thigh. It's pretty hot in my opinion. She's all I'll be thinking about tonight. Our hair had to be done, including Becca's makeup, so that took just about the whole hour. We have to be at the venue in an hour, which isn't a lot of time considering the traffic. Becca's in the bathroom getting dressed up. I'm already got my outfit together. I think I look pretty great. My designers combed my hair back, so it's not all in my face.
"How do I look babe?" Becca's voice sounds from behind me, so I turn around to see how perfect the dress fits her. She's everything I've fallen in love with. Damn, she's so hot. "Way better than me. You look gorgeous," I touch her waist while letting my other hand drop to her exposed thigh. "Don't get too flattery with words. You're making me blush," she looks away and grins shyly. "My bad," I plant a few small kisses on her neck, making her giggle and wrap her arms around me. "We should get going. The traffic's gonna suck," I lead her to the door. "Thanks guys. We appreciate it," I open the door for my designers so they can leave.
"Guess what," I help Becca down the stairs, because she's wearing high heels. "What?" "We get a limousine." Just as I speak, a black limousine approaches the curb. "Sweet," Becca holds my arm as an aid to get into the limo. The vehicle starts moving while Becca intertwines our hands. "We're so gonna win couple of the year," I beam and lean against her. "That's a thing?" she asks me with a smile. "I don't know." "You're silly," she shakes her head, yet hugs me close. "I'm so excited. Aren't you?" I nuzzle myself in her neck, which smells like perfume. "So excited," she smiles warmly. "Liar," I catch sight of a few flag people who direct the busy traffic. "I am excited," Becca speaks with her hand on my arm.

(It's almost Friday! Finally! Btw spoiler alert!!! Next chapter = drama...so yeah. With that said, next post is on Saturday/Sunday)

 With that said, next post is on Saturday/Sunday)