Chapter 21

| "There's a million reasons why I should give you up, but the heart wants what it wants."

Chapter song: The Heart Wants What It Wants by Selena Gomez |

(Becca's p.o.v.)
When we arrive back home, Justin and I unload the groceries from the car.
"It's gonna rain," Justin locks the door as I turn the stove on.
"Can we open the curtains. I wanna see the rain," I pour water into a pot, then place the noodles in.
"Sure," he opens the curtains of the window near the dining room. "Can I help?" Justin steps close to me.
"Yeah, you can cook the chicken," I motion to the skillet and the raw chicken.
"Ok," he gets to seasoning the chicken as I start making the fettuccine sauce by heating up the cheese, butter, and whipped milk.
Justin ends up over-seasoning the chicken, but I end up overcooking the cheese bread.
"You can't even taste the difference. This is awesome chicken fettuccine." Justin and I sit at the dinner table.
"I guess that's true," I shrug and sip from my wine glass.
"Plus, we've got this amazing wine to lighten the mood," Justin wipes his mouth with a napkin.

"We've got a flight to Las Vegas at 12pm tomorrow," he speaks in between bites.
"Of course, you can't miss your birthday party," I smile blissfully, taking another sip of wine.
"The party's not even on my birthday," he takes another bite from his pasta.
"But once the clock strikes midnight, that's when all the magic happens," I speak in an enthusiastic tone, pointing my fork at him.
"Uhm, ok," he smirks, then gets up to throw his leftovers away. I take my last bite, and he takes my finished plate. Justin then hands me a bowl of ice cream after I finish eating.

"Wanna go to the pool?" he offers with a bowl of vanilla ice cream in his hands, and I take the lead towards the back door.
"It's so pretty at night," I admire how the green lights really fancy up the pool. Justin and I sit at the edge, wearing our same outfits from earlier.
"The ice cream is good," Justin soon finishes his bowl of ice cream, licking his lips clean.
"Everything was good. Who knew we were such great cooks," I set my bowl down while smiling proudly. "We should do this more often."
My feet waver in the blue pool water, causing the water to ripple. The air still remains misty, but the rain has stopped. All I feel is a light wind and Justin's body beside me.

"Oh no babe," Justin rocks back and forth, holding his head. "I don't feel so good. I think I'm about to...ahhhh!" Suddenly, before I can question his state, Justin throws himself into the pool. His hand holds mine, so I fall in with him. The warm water all at once covers every inch of my skin, soaking my hair and clothes.
"Ugh! Justin!!" I shriek from the suddenness of being pulled underwater.
"Ha!" Justin laughs while wading himself above water.
"Not funny! Ugh, my clothes!" I can't stop myself from laughing just a little.
"Oh, my clothes!" Justin repeats in a girly voice, mocking me, so I splash him playfully.
"Ah! Babe! Stop it!" he backs off, sputtering water from his mouth. His wet hair flattens over his head from the water.
"Ah! Babe! Stop it!" I copy him in a deep voice before we both crack up. "It's so warm in here," I swim to the shallower side, where it's 5 feet deep.
"That's because I peed in it," Justin follows me, standing up in the pool.
"Ew, no you didn't," I wrap my arms around his neck.
"Nah, it's a heated pool." His  soothing hands wrap around my hips, fingers pressed into my lower back.
"That's what I thought," I brush his damp hair away from his eyes.
"Damn, you make me crazy, you know that?" Justin presses our damp foreheads together, his lips just inches away from mine.
"Goodness Justy," I blush uncontrollably, which makes his chuckle and kiss me passionately. We both kiss, not breaking it until our breaths are heavy. It starts raining again, but we're already completely soaked.
"I love you," Justin stamps a wet kiss on my temple, and I smile bashfully. I tell him that I love him too before letting out a shiver.