Chapter 17

"You're overprotective when I'm leaving. Trying to compromise but I can't win."

Chapter song: What Do You Mean by Justin Bieber

-6pm-
(Justin's p.o.v.)
The limo arrives at the venue, where hundreds of people surround the red carpet. "That's a lot of people Justin," Becca bites her lip nervously. "It'll be ok baby. Just grab my hand." I know she gets anxious around so many people. The last thing I want is for her to feel uncomfortable. "Ready?" "Yeah," Becca exhales; then we open the car doors to the screaming crowds. I take Becca's hand and hold it while a bunch of microphones are shoved in our faces. Bright flashes of light blind me, but I manage to make it to the open red carpet. "Justin! Is Becca now your wife?!" a news lady asks with a microphone in her hand. "Yes, we're the happiest we've ever been," I smile and speak the honest truth; then I pull Becca away before another question approaches us. Cameras wait to take our picture, so I wrap my arm around Becca's waist and smile. Becca and I hold our smiles until the next celebrity arrives. I pull my wife to the back, where I spot Scooter waiting for me. "Hey Justin and Becca, how are you guys?" Scooter talks loudly due to all the noise in the background. "Great." "How are you?" Becca and I greet him with jovial smiles. "I'm good. I'm glad you guys made it through that  crowd," he smirks and starts heading to our reserved seats. My hand wraps around Becca's hand, letting her know that I'm right here. When we arrive to our seats, I see Ariana Grande sitting next to us. "Hey Bieber," Ariana opens her arms for a hug. "Hey Ari," I go for a hug since she's offering it. "Hey Becca. You look amazing girly," Ariana hugs Becca as well, and Becca hugs back. "Thanks. You too." I spot other celebrity friends of mine, but I choose to sit down with Becca. "Wow, am I the odd one out?" Becca tells a nonchalant joke. "Nah, you're with me," I wink and grab her hand again. "Good evening everyone! How are you tonight?!" James Cordon is the host tonight, and he shouts very enthusiastically. He goes on about all the excitement going on tonight. Honestly, I just want to get this over with. I'm excited and all, but award shows really aren't my thing. It's all fake, and nobody can really be themselves.
"It's so loud," Becca speaks near my ear. "I know." "I'm kind of nervous," she bites her lip, ruining her lipstick. "Why babe?" I turn my head to look at her more closely. "There's no many people. I don't know. What if we can't get out?" "Becca, nothing's gonna happen. It's just an award show. I'll get my award; then we'll be the first ones out," I comfort her, and it makes her nod her head calmly. "I have to get up to perform in moment. You'll be ok?" "Yeah, good luck baby," Becca kisses me right before Scooter signals me to go backstage with him. Once I'm backstage, I quickly change into the leopard print jacket and a matching cap. "You're gonna do great Justin. Remember to have fun out there," Scooter helps me set up my microphone. "Thanks man," I inhale deeply to ease my nervousness. Continuously, I repeat the words and actions I have to perform on stage. A few seconds later, the stage people tell me I'm up, so I walk on stage. It's dark, so nobody can see me until the stage lights are on. Britney Spears will be presenting my performance, so I have to wait for her to announce it. "Ladies and gentleman, Justin Bieber!" Britney shouts enthusiastically; then the lights shine down on me. Everyone cheers and claps for me as I smile and begin my performance. My song 'Sorry' plays, so I sing to the background music. I go through the song like a breeze, hitting all the right notes and moves. After the song finishes, I perform 'What Do You Mean?' During the song, I actually made the wrong turn in the choreography, but I don't think anyone caught it. There's a ringing in my ears from all the noise. I feel such a huge rush due to being so hyped up. I can already taste the feeling of being on tour. I'm so pumped to perform my new album. I'm so looking forward to connecting with my fans and seeing the world. The audience pulls me out of my feelings, clapping and cheering for me. "Thank you," I smile appreciatively before dashing off stage. I have to move fast, because the show must go on. Once I'm backstage, I wipe the sweat from my forehead and run a hand through my ruined hair. "Justin! You did great babe!" Becca hugs me from behind. "Aw thank you baby," I hold her arms which are around me. "You should've taken your shirt off," she smiles and moves around to face me. "Nah, this is a classy event." We walk out hand and hand back to our seats. "Good job Justin," Scooter and Ariana congratulate me with impressed smiles. "Thanks," I sit down back next to Becca as I keep her hand in mine.

Different celebrities take turns presenting awards to the best -pop album, -electronic album, -rock artist, etc. it takes awhile since the most important awards are saved for last. Things go smoothly, except for a few technical difficulties, but they were hardly noticeable. "Ok, and the next category is best pop album," James Cordon announces, so I prepare to stand up. "This award will be presented by someone special. She's making a huge comeback, even though she isn't nominated for any awards. Here to present the best pop album award...Selena Gomez!" And just like that, my heart freezes in a single second.

My psychopathic ex girlfriend walks up to the microphone, looking happier than ever. Oh fuck. I don't notice how tense I am until Scooter touches my shoulder. I turn to Becca, and she looks like she just saw a ghost. I don't know what to do or say to her in this limited amount of time. There's not much I can do. I'm freaking out myself. "This isn't good," I clench my teeth. "And the winner is...Justin Bieber!" Selena squeals joyfully, and the camera immediately snaps to me and Becca. So I stand up with a fake smile and peck Becca's cheek to hide her face from the camera. Soon after, I find myself walking to the stage, to my worst enemy. Selena grins merrily, but i can see that she's up to something. The cameras are obviously on all three of us, me, Selena, and Becca. When I step up in arm's reach of Selena, she forces a hug, so I do the best I can to hide my tension. Then as the hug ends, she presses her red lips to mine, which makes me widen my eyes and break away. The whole room goes nuts, and I see all the surprised faces on everyone. Completely flustered, I take my award, then rush off backstage without Selena. My chest pounds from all my nervousness, but I somehow keep walking toward the nearest entrance in order to get back to my seat. "Justin!" Selena catches up and grabs my arm. "What the hell are you doing here?! I told you to stay away!" I erupt in a loud bark. "I did my rehab baby. People love me; people love you. Everyone wants us together, so let's just give the people what they want," Selena smiles too excitedly. "You see this?" I hold up my left hand. "This is called a marriage ring. I'm married. It's pretty obvious we're over." "Justi—" Selena touches my arm, so I pull away. "How can I make this any clearer to you? You and I are not together," I tell her with a strict tone. "What if I'm not here for you? What if Becca—" "No. don't you bring Becca into this. You stay away from my wife," I point a finger at her before I feel a hand on my back. It's Scooter. "Justin, we should get going." I keep a glare on Selena, but she keeps smiling deviously. "Stay away," I hiss, then turn towards the entrance. "What happened Justin?" Scooter asks from behind me. "She's planning something. I want her far away from me. Is Becca okay?" I move swiftly to my seat, where I see Becca with her head in her hands. A pang of sorrow hits me all at once. "Baby, are you alright?" I kneel down and caress her arm. "Can we go home?" she asks softly in the safety of her arms. "Yeah, come on," I take her hand and pull her towards to nearest exit. Scooter called our limo to pick us up. As we wait by the back, I hold Becca close to my heart. "I know you're scared babydoll. We'll take care of this." "I thought she was in jail," Becca speaks sadly with her arms around her chest. "Me too," I open the limousine door for her when it arrives. We both get in, and I tell the driver to bring us back to Becca's loft.

(A/N: Let the drama begin😆 Hope you all had a great holiday! I'm posting again on Sunday/Monday)