Chapter 19; I

Shawn's POV

"So what you're saying is that she gave you some cheek action?" Mike asked while digging around for his drumsticks.

Tonight was the Orlando show and we were getting ready for the meet and greets and the Q&A's. We were all just chilling in my hotel rooms the designated spot for our hangouts.

"Yeah. I think we'll work it out. I mean I know why she wants to take it slow, trust me I know how she feels." I said peeling the paper off of a chocolate chip muffin.

"Who knows maybe something big might happen tonight," Teddy said walking in my room.

"Yeah! Maybe something out of your control." Andrew added.

"Okay? You guys are acting weird."

"We're all weird, so what's your point?" Brian smirked and I eyed them suspiciously.

"Never mind then."

Andrew grinned before telling me to finish up. The meet and greet goes slower, or at least it felt like it went slower, than it usually did.

I met some sweet fans and did the poses they wanted and I was glad that I can make them happy. I reminded them that I'm forever grateful for their support because without them I wouldn't be where I am today.

Soon, I was headed into the Q&A. Right as I walked in the door, the screams erupted and I immediately smiled. There was the energy I was looking for!

"Hey, guys!" I said.

"Hi!" They all replied.

"How are you guys?"

"Good!"

"Alright, so I'm sure you know how this goes, but I'll just say it again, while someone is talking, please be respectful and don't try to talk over them and we'll have a good time." I paused as hands immediately shot into the air, "You."

I pointed to a girl in the middle and she started speaking, "If you could say one more thing to your fans, what would it be?"

I let out a breathy laugh, "That's too hard I can't answer that," they laughed, "There's so much pressure in that question.

I answered a few questions before choosing a girl in the back, not being able to see her clearly because of the distance between us.

"Would you ever date a fan?"

"You know I almost always get asked this and I have to say maybe."

I scanned the crowd a bit more before hearing the same girl again, "Well good thing I'm not a fan."

And I swear the entire room fell silent.

"It's her." Someone whispered, and there t beautiful brunette sat with the biggest smile plastered on her face. She gave me a little wave and I felt giddy inside.

"If you're not a fan, then why the hell are you here?" I heard someone say and my smile faltered.

"U-uh next question" I said pointing at Dylan, who was seated close by.

"You're from Canada obviously, and it's a pretty diverse country"

"Yeah if I should say so myself. Toronto especially." I smiled and Dylan continued with his question.

"I know you sometimes listen to reggae, but have you give other music from the Caribbean a chance?"

"That's a good question, yes I have."

The Q&A was coming to an end and I told security to make sure Nevada gets to go backstage, because the show will start soon and Charlie goes on first.

Nevada's POV

I headed out the doors of the Q&A room with Dylan, but my arm is grabbed by a security guard.

"Um, can I help you?"

"Mr. Mendes wants you to come see him backstage. He requested you but not your hyperactive friend there." He said pointing at Dylan who was bouncing on his heels.

I wanted to look the man dead in the eye and tell him that Dylan goes with me or I will stay, but I've been interrupted by my friend before, but nope not today.

Dylan scoffed at Shawn being called Mr.Mendes, but said that I should go and that he'd see me inside the arena. He gives me a tight hug and tells me to have fun, sending me a wink.

"Um, okay." I said slowly. The security guard helped me through the flock of fans and lead me backstage.

I didn't expect this and butterflies started to erupt in my stomach as we got closer and closer to where shawn was.

"Why do I feel the need to pee?" I mumbled to myself and a small smile appeared on the security guard's face.

"It's the nerves ma'am." he said chuckling.

I laughed with him, "Yeah, I guess."

"Is this your first time meeting him?"

"Uh, no. I've met him before. I'm Nevada, pleased to meet you"

He stopped at a door, "I'm Chandler, and just be yourself when you meet him, he's a pretty chill guy."

"Yes he is."

"Well, this is his room, he wants me to stay with you during the concert, so I'll see you in a bit."

"Thanks. Chandler." I smiled.

"Goodluck." He nodded at the door then walked off down the hall.

I take a deep breath before putting my hand on the handle and turning it. When I pushed it open, I was greeted with an empty room.

Authors note:
We hope you like this!
-Anna & Lya