Chapter Seventeen

"Hey Nev." Were the two words that came out of his mouth and were powerful enough to have my knees grow weak.

I immediately swung at Dylan, connecting my fist to his jaw "What is he doing here?"

"I came to apologize." Was the next thing Shawn said, with his mouth hanging wide open.

"Dylan shot me a glare, "I'll Uh, I'll be inside, getting ice for my jaw. What the fuck Nev?"

"Sorry. It was either my fist or the duck-" I gasped and I could hear Dylan muttering.

"This is the last time I meddle in someone's relationship. You'll never fucking learn, will you Dylan?" He scolded himself and I felt bad.

Shawn finally took a step towards me, "Nev, I know there's way you'll forgive me right away." He paused, "I know I hurt you, and I'm sorry. Dylan told me about Chris and what he did to you, and I swear if I had known, I would have never lied to you."

I looked down at my feet as he continued, "But I meant every word I ever said to you. I meant what I said on stage, I meant everything. It was never my intention to hurt you. And I know you think it's crazy that I'm even here right now. I mean I have a show in Orlando today... but Nev, I can't get you out of my head."

He paused as I looked up to find him, standing a few feet from me, "I know that I am hopelessly in love with you, and I couldn't keep ignoring it. I never thought I'd fall for you, but the more we talked, the harder I fell."

"Shawn-"

"I came all the way here to find you. The least you can do is let me talk. Hear me out and if you don't want to be with me, I'll leave and Brian will get his friggin' 30%" He said and I chuckled.

"I don't know if you still want to, but Nev, I need you in my life. I want to hear your laugh when I tell you a stupid joke. I want to tell you about my day."

My mind was swirling and I remind myself that I can't disregard the fact that I keep on getting hurt.

"I want to finally get to hold you when you're scared or sad, I want to argue with you... dammit, I just want you, and if I can't have you... I don't know what I'll do."

I looked at him for a few moments and he stared right back, his hazel eyes shining as they looked at mine.

I did something I didn't expect, I dropped the wooden duck I had grabbed for self defense, probably scratching my parent's marbled floors. I walked over to him, and wrapped my arms around his neck.

He obviously wasn't expecting it, but it only took him a few seconds before he wrapped his arms around me and buried his face in my neck.

I felt warm, I felt like I had finally found something good in my life. I was finally hugging him for the first time and I couldn't help but feel at home in his arms.

I felt like I was finally at peace, and I have never felt more safe in my life than I did in those moments.

That is, until Dylan walked out with a piece of raw salmon wrapped in his t-shirt pressed to his cheek. Damn buzzkill.

Authors note:
You guys are so sweet!
Thank you for 2K reads!!
Thank you for supporting this book, it means a lot x
-Anna & Lya