Chapter Twenty

"Flight 1256 to Duluth, Georgia is now boarding" I hear the female voice announce through the intercom.

"I have to get going. I love you, mom and dad," I said to my parents, who had tears welled in their eyes.

"Don't forget to call us on every stop, and keep your head on your shoulders and Shawn out of your pants." my dad said, hugging me first.

"Daddy" I whined and he had a sad look on his face. "You haven't called me that in years"

"Nev, don't let your grades slip. If you do, you'll be on the next plane back to Florida." My mom said with tears trickling down her cheeks.

I hugged her tightly because this was the first time I've ever actually seen her cry. Anne Wellington was usually so calm and collected, and it seemed like nothing phased her.

She was one of those women who never had a hair out of place on her head.

"Amy," My dad said and she released her grip.

"I mean it, Nev. Don't let your grades slip and call us. We love you so much"

"I love you both," I said waving them goodbye and walking up to the ticket counter.

The lady smiled at me and I smiled back, "I'm here to pick up a ticket for Nevada Marie Wellington." I said and handed her my ID.

*

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Duluth, Georgia. We hope you enjoy your visit and thank you for choosing United Airlines." I smiled widely as I heard the pilot's voice over the intercom.

Andrew had sent Chandler, the bodyguard who was with me during the Orlando show, to pick me up from the airport and take me to the arena.

I walked out of the gate and immediately spotted Chandler, "Hey, long time no see." I laughed.

A small smile appears on his face, as he picks up my bags, "You too, ma'am,"

"Chandler, please call me Nevada. It makes me feel old when you say, ma'am." I cringed at even saying it myself.

"Alright." He laughed again.

We walked to the car, which is a big tinted, black SUV, and he opens the door for me and I thank him.

It didn't take long for us to get to the arena and Chandler helped bring my stuff to the bus before leading me to the arena. There were already some fans here.

"Nevada! Wait, can I have a picture?" A girl looked at me excitedly.

"Uh, I guess?"

"Thank you, thank you!" She squealed, soon enough I had a crowd of fans swarming me and asking for pictures.

"You guys, I want to take pictures with all of you, although I don't see the reason why you'd want to," I said and they all laughed like I had said the funniest thing in the world.

"So like Shawn says, please form a line!" I shout out.

I look to my right and see Chandler smile while he helps get some of the girls in line.

I'm in the middle of taking a picture when my phone rang.

"One second," I say after we take the picture. I smile when I see the name, "Guys it's Shawn so when I say go, say hi, okay?"

They screamed as a response and I quieted them down before answering the call before putting it on speaker.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Love. Where are you?"

"Somewhere..." I paused, "Go!"

"Hi, Shawn!" They screamed

I can barely hear his laugh before I pull the phone back to my ear, "So if you haven't figured it out, I'm outside."

He chuckled then asked, "Is Chandler with you?"

"Yup, we're almost done here so I'll see you soon."

"Don't leave his side alright. Sometimes my fans can get a little-"

"I don't blame them, they love you as much as I do"

"What?!" a girl screamed so loud, I almost dropped my phone, then my ears were filled with awes.

"Okay, well I will see you inside," I say quickly and I can faintly hear him before hanging up.

"Wait, Nev--"

I finished taking pictures with the fans before waving and going inside with Chandler.

"That was really nice, what you did out there." He said.

"Honestly, I didn't expect anyone to want to take a picture with me." I laughed, "But it was fun, I can see why Shawn likes meeting them so much."

Soon we were in front of Shawn's dressing room door. I walked in to be greeted by Shawn, who looked so happy to see me.

"Hi, hun," he said pecking my forehead.

"Yo man. What's up?" I said trying to play it cool like I didn't attempt to tell him I loved him twice in the last 24 hours.

"So we're back to being friends huh?" He said with a playful look in his eyes.

"Yep," I said popping the P, earning a hearty laugh from him.

"You're something else Nev"

"That I am," I said taking my phone out of my pocket to reactivate my twitter and make my Instagram public.