Chapter Two

Nevada's POV

"Hi, how can I help you?" I smiled at a customer.

"Hi, can I get a tall black coffee?" She said, telling me her name, thinking that I'll write it on the cup.

"Sorry this isn't Starbucks-" I said.

She scoffed at me. "How much?"

"That will be $2.50." I replied wanting to roll my eyes.

She puts down the money and I transfer it to the register. I then grabbed a cup and walked over to the espresso machine, filling it up to the line, then sealing it with the lid over the top.

"Have a nice day." I said handing her the cup of black deliciousness.

"You too."

The next person comes into view and a huge grin appeared on my face "Hmm, let me guess, a grande black coffee with pumpkin bread." I leaned against the counter and smirked at the tall Blonde.

"You know me too well, Nev." Dylan smiled.

"What can I say, I'm a keen observer of human life." I sarcastically said, earning a chuckle from him.

Honestly, that's the sound that I will never grow tired of hearing.

"I can tell. How much do I owe you?"

"$4.75. Also--" I cut myself off when I hear the annoying song being blasted throughout the shop. I swear Floridians need to have an intervention staged.

"I thought that I've been hurt before..."

I groaned loudly and Dylan laughed, "Not a fan?"

I rolled my eyes at him and pulled a cup off the stack and began filling it.

"What? No, I'm totally obsessed with this kid's music, can't you tell by my constant complaints and annoyed eyerolls?" I mumbled the last part , as I watched Dylan bite down on his lip, looking as though he has something on his mind.

"I'm sorry, I must've accidentally ordered a whole lot of attitude with a dash of sass. Remind me to go to your boss about this" Dylan joked and I stifled back a smile.

"Oh shut up, here's your order." I joked, handing him his coffee and bread.

"See you tomorrow, Nev."

"Can't wait" I said under my breath.

Dylan and I have been friends for a while now, we've gotten closer due to my job here at the coffee shop, and even closer because we take classes together in University.

He's been coming here everyday for the past year and I think he's amazing and super sweet. Maybe tomorrow's the day I finally grow a pair and give him my cellphone number.

I actually see us having maybe having a future together, or so I thought.

unedited 11/3/17

Authors note

OH MY GOD, MTV UNPLUGGED HAS ME DEAD BAD REP WITH THE VIOLIN AND USE SOMEBODY JUST NO ONE TALK TO ME, I'M TOO EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE OKAY BYE.

Anna & Lya