Chapter Eight

Shawn's POV

It's bad enough my friends think that I'm a love struck idiot but it's even worst because I turned on her tweet notifications.

@wellnev: tbh I'm hardcore in the mood for some chick-fil-a, but there's none near me.
Fuck my life.

@wellnev: I'm actually excited about sm3, also @geoff_warb wtf is #certain? I mean I'm not a fan but I'm all about the music.

@geoff_warb: @wellnev #certain2017.

@wellnev: @geoff_warb I actually hate you for that.

@shawnmendes: @wellnev #certain2017

@wellnev:  well I'm certain I despise you even more now smh.. @shawnmendes.

@wellnev: Look, I don't hate you... I just wish your songs weren't overplayed and you weren't annoying @shawnmendes.

*
"Nevada says she isn't a fan but yet she likes the music, that should count as something right?" I say to Andrew and he shrugged while resuming his conversation on the phone.

I'm currently at the airport waiting for my flight from Toronto to New York to be called, and I'm also stalking Nevada's social media.

I can't help it, it's really difficult not to because I want to win her over but I can't do it as Ryan, I have to do it as Shawn.

I text her often and we swap pictures of each other even though they're of Brian, I get to see her beautiful smile. Having to keep up this cover is getting a little too much for me and I had no other option than to interact with her on twitter as myself.

She has the right to form a negative opinion about me but it's my goal to change that.

I also can't help but be worried about her reaction as to when she does find out the truth. I don't know how long I can hide it from her.

Nevada's POV

I've been listening more and more of Shawn's old albums and covers due to Ryan's constant nagging and him forcing me to give all of Mendes' music a shot. More importantly, he wants me to then reevaluate my opinion of the 19 year old singer.

After sitting on my laptop listening to Shawn Mendes' music for hours, I realized he's actually quite talented and he's good at what he does. I can finally wrap my head around, what Annalise's hype was about, even though I'm still not over them ditching John's show.

"Nevada!" I heard my mom call from downstairs.

"Yeah mom?" I shouted back from my bedroom.

"There's a package that just came for you. It's from a Ryan Sleathler" she said and I find myself sprinting down the steps and grabbing the package out of her hand and a card fell off of it. I picked up the card with somewhat a chicken scratch handwriting.

Happy 19th birthday Nev, I'm glad you decided to give Shawn a shot. I have something to tell you and I don't know how you'll take it, but open this package because life's what you make it. - R. S :)

My hands are shaking in anticipation and my mom is eyeing me suspiciously.

That little shit told me he was only going to send me a late birthday card.

"Alright, I'm going" she chuckled and I hurriedly open the package to reveal front row tickets and a meet and greet confirmation number, to Shawn Mendes' sold out show in Miami. Yes, ill admit i looked it up to see if there were any tickets available.

"What the fuck" I swore blinking at the very expensive present in my hand. "I'm going to kill him. I really don't deserve this"

I found myself back in my room, turning up the volume on the Handwritten album and using my 240 characters to clear my mind.

@wellnev: the guy that I have been talking to via text for a couple months now and I actually developed a small crush on, even though we've not officially met in person & (he doesn't have a Twitter, thank the lord) just sent me a late birthday present. Guess who's seeing/meeting @shawnmendes in 2 months? I don't know how to feel about this. I'm grateful. Thank you Ry. I really don't deserve you or this opportunity.

*

@mendesluv: @wellnev damn right you don't.

@thankfulmendes: you're not even a fan of Shawn. You should give someone else the tickets smh. 

@flyingshawny: have fun. You'll totally change your mind about him, so without further ado! Welcome to the Mendes Army.

@shawnmendes: can't get my mouth to say, the words they want to say to you.

@shawnmendes: 64 days until I get to hold you in my arms.

I need to thank Ryan but if only he'd answer his cellphone, but first how the hell did I get almost 10,000 followers on twitter?

Authors note:

YOU GUYS OH MY GOD, YOU ALL ARE SO AMAZONG, YESTERSAY, ANNA AND I WERE TALKIN AND DECIDED TO PUBLISH AT 650 READS, BUT THIS MORNING WOKE UP TO 700, Y'ALLS ARE GREAT. Also, my Twitter is hidden somewhere in there, if you find it,  let me know, and I'll follow you right back. ;)

-Anna & Lya