EPILOGUE: The Past Plays Its' Part [Mature]

Surely we will not talk about this place, right? I don't want to tamper with your imagination as how to this place looks like, feels like, or goes like. It'll ruin all the fun. Besides, what better ways to be most afraid of going to hell unless if you know nothing about it, isn't so?

Welcome to hell, people. I'm William. I'll be your tour guide... There... now you see that wicked smile on my face. Admit it. I have my charms, now, aren't I? You'll be seduced to join this endless nightmare...

Oh before I forget, this guy that has been standing beside me is Trance. Cute thing, isn't he? Don't look much longer at him or I'll burn you! He's mine. End of story. Touch him, you'll go to the deepest pit of hell.

Where are we going today? I'm going to take you to a memory. Long ago... before those suicide circles... Before Trance was hurt... Even before Peter... You see? You guys are missing the point here. I met Trance somewhere in a history long forgotten. His past... Or more precisely, in his previous lives.

Today, I'll give you answers to the question as to why I chose Trance... Because I don't make deals with people as I see pleased as what to you humans seem to believe. I don't. I don't dwell in your affairs. I'll only dwell with you in hell. But there are people which I crossed path with that really interest me up to the point where I do want to make deals with them. Like Nicolo Panganini... he wanted to be the best at playing the violin that he is willing to trade his soul for it. And similarly, Leonardo Da Vinci, who wanted to be great at art. They are all here in hell with me now... Just like Trance.

So back to the questions... Why I assisted him in all those killings... Why I'm so damn attached to him... And the actual questions... HOW and WHEN did I fall in love with him, a simple human being, destined for hell anyway? So... shall we begin?

֍֎֍

~Year: 750 BC ~

Seeing all these humans move by their own choices never fail to amuse me. They are slaves to time, money, power, lust, and feelings... How pitiful. It's always good not to have emotions. It's wrong to think of me as emotionless because I do feel. But I can cast those emotions aside, unlike humans.

I have a mission coming down here to the sun-lit world of the humans. And that is because the time has come for me to test them. It's time for plague... It's necessary... Because in times of adversary, we will know how strong or weak is their faith and how cruel and kind are their hearts. It's my duty...

Lying before my eyes is a young man who's marked by death... 'cause I can smell it. I can smell death. And this young man... the time is near for him to die. He is tied to chains on the wall. He is covered in blood... his own blood, I supposed. Several of his fingers were missing. I suspect that he had been tortured to give out information which clearly meant that he didn't give because he is still alive.

He lifts up his head, struggling in pain at the process, to look at me as he whispers a question; "Who are you?"

I didn't answer. I just smile down at him, amused at his strong will to survive. "Do you want to be free?" I asked.

He laughs a little in amusement as if he's thinking that I'm asking an obvious question. "More than anything..." he said.

"How 'bout a deal?" I asked.

"In return for what?" He asked.

"Your soul," I said.

He crooks his eyebrows at my question. "Are you the devil?" He asked. A correct guess indeed... I only smile my usual cunning smile for an answer to his question. He smiles back in return arrogantly. "Well, sorry dear Devil sir, my soul is not for sale," he said.