27. YOUR DARKEST FEAR .V.

Peter looks down on a picture in his hand. His eyes are watery. It's the picture of him and Trance during the first year of junior high. They are grinning widely in the picture and they had each other's arms around each other's shoulders.

"That's tricky," he suddenly heard a voice. He looks up to see Trance standing at the window of his door. He knew that this day will come. He's going to take it calmly. "Your greatest fear is losing Trance's love," he murmured.

"Is it my turn now?" Peter asked. "So what if that is my greatest fear? You got a problem with that?" He asked. He knew that the one speaking to him is William even though he is in the flesh and blood of Trance.

"Tsk," William clicks his tongue with a frown on his face. He then slowly came out from Trance's body. Trance is panting from the exhaustion of bearing William inside of him. "What do we do with him, Trance?" William asked.

"Let me kill him myself," Trance said. That suggestion from Trance made William's eyes glow in excitement for a bit.

"Wonderful idea," William commented. He snaps his finger shortly after that and a knife appeared beside Trance. Trance takes the knife. He is determined to end it but suddenly he hesitated and he can feel an overwhelming pain in his heart.

"William, did you just make me 'feel' again?" Trance asked in anger.

"I only let a part of your soul in. Maybe I should let your whole soul in, don't you think? That is his greatest fear, right? Losing your love? If you kill him with your soul intact, then his darkest fear is coming to life," William insinuated. "And I was also curious to know if you still love him or not."

"Don't!" Trance warned. "Take it back! I don't want to feel!" Trance yelled at William.

"Why? Because you can't do it, is it?" William asked. Peter can sense jealousy out of William. He then spreads one of his palms open. A faint light glows from the inside of it and he shoves the light towards Trance. The light enters Trance's body. Trance groans in pain as soon as the light disappeared. He is sobbing now and lies down on the ground bearing the pain.

"You jerk!" Trance yelled at William.

"Do it!" William ordered now in anger. "Kill him!"

Trance holds the knife up to Peter as he gets up to a sit. He is starting to break apart. His eyes are red, waiting for tears to come and it was clear that he is trying with all his might to fight his fear. He wanted so much to just do it. Peter only closes his eyes, getting ready to be killed. Trance's hands started to shake and he began to lower down the knife. "I'm sorry..." he said as he shakes his head in frustration.

William sighs in a disappointed manner. "My dear Trance," William called as he squats next to Trance. "I knew all along that you're not going to kill him," he stated. A hint of sadness is portrayed in his voice.

"No, I'm going to. Just give me a little more time," Trance begged. He can't handle the pain in his heart. Having his soul again makes him weak and disoriented.

"I can see your heart, Trance. Don't lie to me," William said. "It's okay. I was happy being with you all the while I was with you," he commented. Peter could not say anything. He can just witness the drama in front of him. He had no idea what is happening.

Trance started to cry slowly. He whimpers. "I'm sorry... William... Please do it for me... I'm sorry," Trance begged and cries even more.

"I'm disappointed in you," William said. A drop of tear is hanging on one of his eyes. "I'm giving up on you."

"What do you mean?" Trance asked. He is feeling panic at that statement from William. He never meant to be a disappointment to William and he definitely feels his heart breaks when William said he had given up on him.

"I'm leaving you. That's what I mean," William stated.

"No, don't go," Trance said. He is pulling at William's shirt as he begged. "Stay!" He begged again.

"There's no point in me staying here," William simply said and pulls Trance's hand away from his shirt. He stands up and looks down on Trance sadly.

Trance wanted to stand up too. He wanted to cling to William so bad. But he can't get up. His body feels very heavy and his heart is overwhelming with a mixture of unexplained pain. "But you promised me! You promised me death!" He reminded William.

"Yes. I did and I've fulfilled them. I gave you enough deaths already. I promised you death but I never promised that it is 'your' death that I will grant. I twisted my words just to suit your needs at the time. No, Trance. I will not have the heart to kill you. I love you. So, I'm letting you go. It's your choice anyway, and you choose not to kill him," William explained sadly.

"You said you'll eat my soul!" Trance yelled from the ground.

"Well, I lied," William simply said.

"Please just kill me! Eat my soul. Don't leave me like this! I need you!" Trance begged again.

William squats down again next to Trance and kisses him on the lips softly. Trance clings to William tightly. He doesn't want to let go. When William broke the kiss, he looks straight into Trance's eyes. "Goodbye, Trance," He said and his body began to be transparent that Trance could no longer cling to him. He then slowly disappears from sight.

"No," Trance cried. "NO!!!!" He yelled. He lies down on the ground, bearing a devastating pain in his heart. He can't take it anymore. The pain is too much. The world then became black to his eyes.