30. THE DEVIL'S LOVER

Trance looks at the ceiling of the cell he is in. He is lying on a hard metal bed. He cannot feel anything in his heart. He knew he had his soul with him now. But he just feels very empty.

"Congratulations," he suddenly heard a familiar voice.

He quickly gets up to a sit on the bed and smiles at the person in front of him. "William!" He called.

"As promised, I'm here to take you with me," William said to Trance with a smile.

"I told you I only needed more time, didn't I?" Trance reminded him.

"Yeah, yeah... To be honest, I didn't think you have it in you to do it," William said. "But you did it nonetheless... I'm so proud of you."

Trance smiles and blushes. "Where are you going to take me?" He asked.

"Somewhere only I know," William said.

"I never said this before. But I love you, you know," Trance stated.

"I know," William said and he kisses Trance on the lips hungrily. "I miss you," he muttered in the middle of the kiss.

"Me too," Trance replied in the middle of the kiss as he gasps for breath.

"I hope you'll still love me when you see my true form on the other side," William said as he broke the kiss and takes Trance's hands into his.

"One thing you should know about me is that I'll always accept the one that I love as he is," Trance declared.

"Very well," William said. "Oh and by the way, you're not the devil's knight. You're the devil's lover, Trance..."

֍֎֍

The police were dumbfounded when they saw no sign of Trance in the cell the next morning. Trance is missing. However, no sign of forced entry or escape at all were left in the cell. It was as if Trance had vanished into thin air. They look at the security tape where there was a camera placed on the wall overlooking the cell. Trance looks like he was talking to someone before he... vanishes, for real... into thin air. The tape sends shivers down their spine. Now, they all believe that it could be true what Trance had said about the devil and him.

.THE END.