28. START AGAIN

~Intro music~

It's been three months since. Trance hasn't seen William at all. He misses him so bad. He feels a heavy weight in his heart. It's very painful. He feels lost. He still can see clearly and he can move just fine. That must've meant that William didn't take back the 'gifts' he gave to him.

~And I remember everything, Everything I loved, I gave it away like it wasn't enough~

Trance sighs. He's leaving for school today. To be honest, he hates school. He didn't want to be in one at all. He just wants to escape far, far away from the place and perhaps he will meet William again. No one at school remembers William except for him and Peter. It was like he never existed.

~All the words I said and all you forgive, How could I hurt you again?~

Trance thought that maybe he should just commit suicide and die and get to hell to see him there. Yeah, that would probably be the best idea.

~What if I let you in? What if I make it right it? What if I give it up? What if I want to try? What if you take a chance? What if I learn to love? What if, what if we start again?~

Peter saw Trance walking to the field. There's not much to practice anyway today. Half of the football team members and the cheerleaders are gone. Nobody is in the mood to do anything. So, Peter walks to where Trance is sitting. In the middle of the field... watching the sun above him...

~All this time, I can make it right, With one more try, Can we start again?, In my eyes, You can see it now, Can we start again, can we start again?!?~

"Hey," Peter called to him. Trance did not reply. He just stares at the spaces in front of him without looking at anything specific, like he is lost in his thought. Peter sits down beside him. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"I will be," Trance simply answered, without paying much attention to Peter.

Peter remains silent for a while. He then looks at Trance again and opens his mouth to say something but closes it back.

~Emptiness inside me, wonder if you see, It's my mistake and it's hurting me~

"If you're going to say something, just say it before I get bored," Trance said.

Peter smiles at those words from Trance. He's becoming who he was again. "Um... I was just wondering if we can start again, you know?" Peter then said.

"By starting again, do you mean that I get to be the idiot who let you do everything your way and you get to be the selfish idiot who will fuck me up. Is that how it is?" He asked cynically. "'Coz you know... I'm sorry. I don't think I want to go back there again."

~I known where we've been, How did we get so far? What if, what if we start again?~

"No," Peter said. "I wanna make it right this time. I want us to stop being idiots... Ever!" Peter promised.

"I don't believe you," Trance said.

"I can prove my love to you," Peter promised again.

~All this time, I can make it right, With one more try, Can we start again?, In my eyes, You can see it now, Can we start again, can we start again?!?~

Peter pulls Trance closer to him and he kisses Trance's soft lips at the spot where they are sitting next to each other in the middle of the field. Everyone looks at them as they kiss in terrible shock. Peter is proving to Trance that he no longer cares what people think or say. He loves Trance and this time, he will no longer hurt him. "Will you forgive me?" He asked Trance after the kiss.

~I'm lost inside the pain I feel without you, I can't stop holding on, I need you with me!!! I'm trapped inside the pain, Can we ever start again? I'm lost without you!!!~

Trance looks at Peter quizzically. He then puts up a smile to his face. He did not say anything.

"Ack!" Peter muttered as soon as he feels a sharp pain at his chest. He looks at Trance in disbelief. Trance still had that smile on his face... as he stabs Peter with a knife to his heart. He then twists and pulls the knife away from the deep wound inside of Peter's chest. Peter falls down to the ground. Blood started to ooze out from the wound. All the students were screaming now at the sight and they ran away quickly from the scene.

~One more try, Can we start again? In my eyes, can you forgive me now? (Can we start again?), Can we start again (one more try?), Can we start again? Can we start again (can you forgive me?), Can we start again?~

Trance wipes the blood off of the knife using his shirt calmly. He did not care of the people hysteric screams all around him. He then looks down on Peter who's lying next to him. The ground of the field is soaked with blood now. He can see that Peter is gasping for breath. "Now I forgive you," he said to Peter as Peter gasps for his final breath and closes his eyes forever.

~Music ending~

Police arrived at the scene. They took Trance in. He did not even put up a fight against them. He just follows them calmly with a smile on his face. It was as if what he did was nothing. He seems to have no guilty conscience at all.

֍֍֍

LYRICS CREDITS:

RED – Start Again