15. NUMBER FIVE DOWN THE RIVER

Tyler stood still at the edge of the bridge. The river underneath is flowing rapidly. It's deep... with sharp rocks beneath the surface, definitely. And he's going to jump. Yes, he is devastated by the death of his girlfriend, Lindsay a few days back but it's not like he's going to take his own life for it. It's just that he was told to do this. He can't deny the order. He had to feel that cold water and sharp pain. He had to die. It's absolute...

֍֎֍

~1 year and 6 months prior~

"Hey Trance... Wait till you hear the announcement today," Tyler whispered to Trance who is in the middle of changing his books at his locker with a wicked smile across his face. He immediately left after he had said whatever he wanted to say. Trance wonders what that was all about. He can feel that it's nothing good.

"Announcing to all you listeners out there," on the speaker of the school, Trance can hear Lindsay's voice echoed. "The school famous nerdy faggot, Trance Wilson, is such a man-eater! Be careful of your boyfriends, biatch. 'Coz he may 'eat' them like a wolf! So long, suckers!!!"

Everyone laughs, looking at Trance who stood dumbstruck at his locker. He quickly runs off through those laughing crowd of people and hides himself in a cubicle of the toilet. Tears are streaming down on his face. He feels deeply hurt at that accusation because it's a lie. They are all liars!

֍֎֍

Trance sings a song as he saw Tyler jumps off the bridge from a distance; "~Liar... Liar... pants on fire... Liar... Liar... goes down by the river...~" he then leans his head and the side of his body to a tree as he looks at the dark surroundings near the river. There's nothing but dark woods on both sides of the end of the bridge above the river. The sound of the fast-flowing river fills his ear. William walks closer to his side, looking at where Trance is looking. The moonlight is shining brightly above them.

"You're not going to change your mind, right?" William asked.

Trance shows no sort of emotions on his face. "Why would I change my mind?" He answered William with another question. "It's fun doing this," he stated.

William chuckles for a bit and then he brushes his lips to Trance's ears. Trance closes his eyes at the soft tingling sensation he feels. "What about Peter?" He later whispered a question to Trance's ears.

Trance is the one who chuckles this time. "Hey, Devil, are you jealous?" He asked.

William quickly pulls himself away from Trance in an instant, as if provoked. "Pay me now," he ordered. Trance laughs even more at that. It's obvious that William is avoiding himself from answering the question.

"Yeah... yeah..." Trance simply obeyed.