6. CHARLATAN

The news of Trudy's death spread across school like wild fire. Roses were placed at her locker. In the midst of it all, Trance walks to school like normal. He passes by William who's walking to another class. They only look into each other's eyes within a few seconds. William smiles and psychically speaks his mind; "your body felt nice last night..." he commented.

Trance looks away from those eyes and that charming devilish smile. He can feel his cheek burning as he blushes. What an idiot, he thought to himself. He then saw Joanna at Trudy's locker, crying non-stop. Well, Trudy is her best friend after all, right? Trance could not care less but he thinks that he must at least pretend like he cares. So he went straight to Joanna and hugs her. Joanna cries in his arms. "I don't understand... why would she commit suicide? Why?" Joanna mumbled in his arms. Trance said nothing. He can't help but purse a tiny evil smile on his lips.

֍֎֍

As he walks into the cafeteria during lunchtime, Trance saw familiar faces everywhere. All of his previous classmates who are now in their third year had their eyes on him as he passes them by. They are whispering into each other's ears. Trance didn't care. He took a sit at an empty table. He can smell fear from them. He smiles at that. He also saw Peter and his gang a few tables away. Look who's afraid now...

Someone suddenly came to his table. It's Bob. He is distinctive since he's the biggest guy in terms of body size from Trance's previous first year class. "Congratulations, Trance! You finally got to show Peter who you really are!" He said excitedly. He must've meant the incident yesterday where he fought Peter back.

Trance looks into Bob's heart... It's tainted... He smiles. "Really, Bob?" He asked.

"Of course! You know how I'm always on your side, right? How are you now? I heard you had some memory lost. Is it true?" He asked, sounding as if he's concerned about Trance. He's not. He's a charlatan.

Trance puts his spoon down and pays all of his attention to Bob. He looks deep into Bob's eyes. "Bob," he called and he pauses for a while as he smiles devilishly. "You're up next," Trance continued, pronouncing the words in an evil manner. Bob is startled. He wonders what Trance meant. But those evil eyes that Trance wears are sending shivers down to his bone. Without a word, he silently gets up from the seat next to Trance and walks out of the cafeteria, looking slightly frightened. He passes by William upon his exit.

William enters the cafeteria and walks to sit next to Trance right where Bob was previously seated. "Hey," William greeted Trance.

"Hey," Trance greeted back.

"Have you found someone for today?" He asked, meaning their next victim.

Trance only smiles at that question. "Yes," he answered.

William also smiles. "I'm anticipating the payment," William talked to Trance using his mind.

Trance blushes. And he chuckles a bit. "Are you always this horny?"

"All the time."

"Why is that so?"

"Because Trance, you're my favorite one so far,"

"So far?"

"Yes. For over an epoch of existence, you're the most interesting one."

"Well, I'm flattered."