9. NUMBER THREE ON A RAILWAY TRACK

Mark places his head on the railway track. He hears the sound of the train coming. He didn't want to do this. But the guy who came with Trance told him to do it. He had lost control of his own body. It just moves on its own. He knows he's going to die but he can't get up. He can't even blink his eyes. He just looks at the train as it gets bigger and bigger in his view. He can feel his heart is beating faster. There's no stopping to it. He can't even close his eyes as the train runs over his head.

... Mark is dead.

֍֎֍

~1 year and 7 months prior~

Trance was pushed back to the wall. Mark gives him another punch to the face. Trance can't even see it coming as his glasses had already fallen to the floor. Mark only laughs as Trance also falls down to the floor. "You know. I hate faggots like you..." Mark said and kicks Trance hard on the stomach. He then looks at Trance's glasses on the floor and steps on it until the glass breaks. He laughs again and left Trance lying there wounded and unattended to.

֍֎֍

Trance wakes up and gets up from the bed slowly. It's 9 p.m. He is still at William's house. He must head home. He had been coming home late every day that his parents had started questioning him and they are worried about him. He never answered them where he went and what he did. Every time, he just walked like he could not hear them into his room. They all think that he's still in his post-traumatic state. They didn't know that he just didn't care. He couldn't care. How can he? He has no soul to begin with.

It's good that William is keeping his soul anyway. He does not think he can handle it if he has his soul with him. He'll definitely be broken and gone mad. He puts his clothes on. "Leaving?" he heard William asked him out of nowhere.

"Yes," he simply answered.

William gets up to a sit on the bed with the blanket covering his lower part of the body. They did it again last night after the third death. In school, it's getting tense. Everyone is freaking out over the suicide frenzies that's been going on. Especially the students from the third year of senior high. Because the suicides had been happening around them. Well, they haven't figured out yet that the students who died were in the same class as Trance in their first year since they had been separated to different classes as they hit their third year. Soon, people will start to notice the pattern. Oh, they all can do the math quite well after that. "Come here," William suddenly called out to Trance by stretching his hand out to him who is ready to leave.

Trance leans in closer to William. William grabs his hand, pulls him back onto the bed and pins him down to the bed. He can see William's naked body perfectly now as the blanket is covering him no more. "What's up?" Trance asked uncaringly.

William only smiles and chuckles a bit. "I just want to take a little more time looking at your face," William said.

"Are you trying to be romantic?" Trance asked.

"Am I being romantic?" William answered with another question.

Trance only sighs and looks away, letting William be. There's no use arguing with the devil. William then holds Trance's face to pull it to face him. He looks at him intensely in the eyes. He then gently kisses Trance's lips. They kiss for a while. Trance feels himself lost in the kiss and closes his eyes. When he opens his eyes back as the kiss ended, he saw William is eyeing him like a predator looking at its' prey. At that moment, William's eyes turn into a vertical split out of a sudden. It is red in color and it is glowing. Trance shudders. He is shock to see it for the first time. "William?" He called, feeling cold sweats running on his forehead.

"Are you afraid of me?" William asked him in a distorted voice that sounds like a growl mixed with a whisper. He looks like the possessed girl from the movie 'Exorcist'. Only that he's scarier in nature. He then smiles evilly and let go of the trembling Trance on the bed and walks away silently into the bathroom. "GO!" He yelled at Trance. "Leave! Now!" He ordered in the same scary voice. Trance would not miss this chance. He quickly gets up from the bed and runs towards the door of the room. He rushes down the stairs and feels completely relieved as he got out of the front door.

He bangs the door shut and runs a little to the pavement. He takes one last look at the house and quickly concentrated back to the pavement. He now no longer feels afraid. No longer trembling... It must be because he's far enough from William now. And it means that he's far enough from his soul. So, he walks steadily towards his home...