17. NUMBER SEVEN IN THE TUB

The water had filled the bathtub. Lana, one of the school cheerleaders, looks down to it with no hint of emotions on her face. She slips into the bathtub and sinks herself into the water. She could no longer hold her breath after 30 seconds. She is suffocating. Bubbles started coming out from her mouth. But she can't get out from the water. The words of the devil were clear. She will just have to wait until she dies.

֍֎֍

~1 year and 4 months prior~

Lana had done copying the posters she made. It's some made-up lies about Trance. She will paste the posters around school afterward. She laughs at the evil thought she knew she will take action for. She didn't care of the consequences because she knew the only one who's going to suffer for it would be Trance.

֍֎֍

Simone stares down at another bouquet of roses on the floor in the locker hall. This time, it's Lana who died. She feels dreadful. One by one the cheerleaders and the senior year students are committing suicide. It doesn't even make any sense because when she last saw them, they look just fine like nothing in the world is going to make them kill themselves. It's just so strange...

The school is starting to get very gloomy as well. People no longer chat as lively as they did when they walk around the school and laughter is hard to be heard anymore. She's about to leave the school when she saw William sitting on a bench under a shady tree. He is reading a book. She decided that she could try to get her mind off of this madness for a while. William is Trance's boyfriend, right? How can a hot guy like William be gay? She feels confidence that William will definitely falls for her charm. So, she walks towards William.

William looks up at her as she draws closer. He closes his book as she sits next to him. "Hi," she greeted.

"Hi," William greeted back.

"Where's Trance?" She asked, trying to start up a conversation.

William puts on a charming smile. It thrills Simone to see it. "He's in detention. Apparently he was rude to a teacher," he said.

"Oh... Trance had 'changed' quite so much..." she commented.

William chuckles. Simone smiles seductively at him. "Thanks to people like 'you'," William then said. That shifts the smile on Simone's face to a frown.

"What do you mean?" Simone asked, feigning innocence.

William puts on a devilish smile. He holds up the book he was holding in front of Simone. "If it's up to me," he said. The book he was holding then suddenly bursts into flame. Simone is in shock to see the unbelievable sight in front of her. "I would have you burned," he continued. In a blink of an eye later, the fire is gone and the book is back to normal. William laughs evilly at the horrified look on Simone's face. He gets up slowly and walks away while still laughing at her. Simone can't believe her eyes. Her heart is still beating loudly from the shock. She feels scared. She looks around. Everyone else seems like they hadn't seen anything. She then gets up from the bench quickly and scurries off.