2. TRANCE WILSON: First Year All Over Again

I lied. I remember. I remember all of them, the five of them... I remember...

Looking in this mirror now, I realize how different I look without my thick-lens glasses. My grey eyes look different as well. How to explain this? It's the looks in my eyes. It's kind of evil... It's not as innocent and nice as it used to be...

It's funny that at this moment, I associate myself with Superman. I guess some people do look different with versus without glasses and I just happened to be one of them. Like Clark Kent. Perhaps I should also hit the gym to get buff like him. But what does it all mean anyway?

I've cut my dark brown hair shorter to a spike. It's still messy like always but it used to be longer when I was in a coma. I was a total nerd...

Ever since I woke up, I always have this headache and it feels like I'm hearing voices... maybe I've been too near to death that I can now hear ghost whisperings...? Hmm, I'm being silly...

I'm starting school today. The same school. My mom was worried. She wanted me to transfer to another school. But no... I don't know why, but I insisted in going to the same school. Maybe... I really wanna see their faces, reliving those moments. What's with all this confidence in me? Hell, I actually feel like I was reborn...

I'm starting my first year of senior high again. I was supposed to be in third year this year but school thinks I should start over. They don't want me to 'miss out'. But I know they just don't want to put the school in a bad reputation so that's why they told me to start over. So that I can get good grades to improve the school's reputation. A bunch of hypocrites...

֍֎֍

He is smiling at me. It is a knowing smile. Why? Does he know me? I don't think so. Here are all new faces... my ex-classmates and year-mates would be in third year. I haven't seen any familiar faces just yet. I know I'm not experiencing any amnesia... I'm fully aware of that. So who is he? Why do I feel like... there's a familiar feeling towards him?

"I'm hurt that you've already forgotten about me," I heard a voice! It's talking to me! I feel a rush. A panic. But I did not flinch. I just sit quietly at my place. So I really can hear ghosts?! "Silly. I'm no ghost," the voice said again. The ghost must be reading my mind!

Wait. Not a ghost? "Who are you?" I asked nervously, using my mind.

"Look up front," the voice said. I followed. Damn... It's that guy. The guy who smiled to me. The one I felt strangely familiar to. "Ready for revenge?" He asked. Revenge? Okay. That surely rings a bell. Oh, now I remember who he is...