Grow A Pair

~Unedited~

~Flirting With The Good Girl~

Chapter20:Grow A Pair

*Jessica Knight*

It's been two days since the dance and I haven't seen Jake since. I've tried calling him, texting him and going to the beach where he has said he'd be all spring break, but I didn't see him. It's almost like he's trying to avoid me. I though Jake and I were okay. I thought we had finally became friends. I wanted to thank him for taking me to the dance but he's dodging my calls.

I tried getting a hold of him mom and ask where Jake was but she said he wasn't home. But I know he was. I heard him in the background.

I stare at the tv in total boredom as the time slowly ticks by. I wonder what I did to make Jake angry at me. I tried texting Ethan, Garret, and Jackson to find out why but they dodge the question with some smart comment.

Looking at the time on my phone, I decide to go for it and visit Jake. I change out of my pajamas and into shorts and a tank top. I run a brush through my hair a few times before grabbing my bag and walking outside.

Garret is in the front yard polishing up the Nerf gun he bought me the other day. Carter and Ethan promised they would train me for my rematch with Luke. This time, I know what's coming so I'm determined to win. Or if not win, go down with an actual fight.

"When you get back, we're going to start training, okay." Garret says as he looks through the scope.

These boys taking Nerf guns way to serious. "Okay."

"Where are you going?" He asks as he sets the gun down and turns to look at me.

"Uh, just going to see Jake."

His eyes widen. "What? Why? Why would you do that?"

"Because he's avoiding me and I'd like to know why." I say as I open my car door.

"I don't know if that's such a great idea, Jess. Maybe you should just give him some room."

"Why would I do that? I don't even know what I did, Garret. I deserve to know why he's angry at him. I want me and him to okay. I like Jake and I want to settle things with him." I reply.

He sighs. "Okay. I'm warning you now, Jake's not the nicest person when he's angry so if you the poke the bear the wrong way, offer him a juice box and he'll cool down."

Jake's different.

"I'll keep that in mind." I pull out of the driveway and drive the few minutes to Jake's house. I pass by Carter's house and see Ethan and Luke playing outside with Mittens.

I slow down a bit when Ethan runs out onto the street and holds a hand up to keep me from driving. "Hey, Jesse. Where are you going?"

"Jake's." I reply just as Luke runs over with Mittens following behind.

"Hey, Jessica. How much trouble do you me and Ethan would get in if we stole Mittens and hid her in our basement?" Luke asks as he hugs Mittens.

I chuckle. "I don't know? I don't think Ethan would do that."

"Actually," Ethan says. "It was my idea. Serious though, how much?"

I press my lips into a thin line. "You should be happy you're pretty." I glance at Luke. "Maybe you should hang out with Garret more."