We're Going On A Trip In Our Favorite Rocket Ship ... Jupiter

~Unedited~

~Flirting With The Good Girl~

Chapter8: We're Going On A Trip In Our Favorite Rocket Ship ... Jupiter

*Jake Parkers*

Setting my water on the bench, I wipe the sweat that's running down my face away. Today is oddly hotter than it has been all week. There's not a single cloud in the sky, allowing the sun to fry us as we practice. I'm hitting the beach after this even if I am late for dinner.

Mom invited some people over for dinner, but im not really in the mood for socializing today. Not after what Jackson told me a few days ago.

*A Few Days Ago*

"I didn't invite him this time." Jackson mumbles.

I frown and lean forward. "What are you talking about? Who didn't you invite?"

He scratches his head. "Jase. I didn't invite him but he's coming in -longer this time."

"What? He's coming in? Why? He lives hours away!" I say. This is like all my nightmares forming into one.

"I know. I just found out a few days ago. Mom came by and told me."

"What? She knew and she didn't tell me! Why would she do that!"

"She said she wanted to sit down and talk to you about it but I figured you wouldn't listen to her so I told you. Don't be mad at her, Jacob." He says sternly.

"You never told me why he was coming though." I say through gritted teeth.

He was just here a few weeks ago. What could possibly possess him to come back? He's not wanted here.

Jackson looks down with a frown. "He said he found a good paying job down here?"

Job? Oh, shit.

"Jacob," I meet Jackson's eyes, my stomach dropping at what he's about to say. "He's moving here."

*Now*

After that conversation, I've been in a bad mood. I've felt the need to smash everyones faces in. Especially when people try talking to me with huge grins on their face. It's not fair how these people walk around without a care in the world and have no idea what I'm going to have to go through.

The man who physically and verbally abused me and Jackson for seven years is coming back into my life. And people wonder why I'm such a jerk.

If only they would stop and smell the fucking bloody roses, they'd understand to not judge a book by its cover.

I clench my fists tight and hold them against my temple, trying to calm myself down before my anger gets out of control. Mom insists on me going to go see a shrink becasuse of my anger issues but that's never going to happen. I'm no nut case. I'll just deal with it on my own.

After I've calmed myself down, I wipe my face down again with my sweat rag before running back out onto the field.

Practice is gruesome but somehow I make it through. I bet if I could, I could collect all the sweat I shed today and fill a twelve foot pool. And then push Ethan into it! Ah, that would make my day so much better.

I run a hand through my hair as I walk into the cool air conditioned school. I chug my water while Ethan rambles on about the new work outs coach is making us do. Personally I don't mind them. I want to keep my abs in tip top shape, but then again I don't want to look like some freaking ripped steroid user.