So That Means I Can't Have A Hug

~Unedited~

~Flirting With The Good Girl~

Chapter18: So That's Means I Can't Have A Hug

*Jessica Knight*

"Bed rest. For two weeks." The nurse Aylssa says as I wheel Carter out of his room. "He'll need all the rest he can get. Make sure he takes his medication. His check up will be in three weeks so write it down on a calendar or something."

She glances down at Carter and smiles. "You're a real fighter."

"I'm a lover not a fighter." Carter takes his hand in mine. "But I'll fight for what I love."

Alyssa looks at me and smiles. "Cherish the moments, Jessica. You'll be happy you did."

As I wheel Carter down the hall and onto the elevator, I can only imagine how stupid I look with this goofy smile on my face.

I run my hand through Carter's hair and smile. "I love you so much, you just don't even understand."

He laughs and tugs my arm so I'll move down next to him. "I'd like to understand." He brings his lips to my ear. "Show me."

I move in to kiss him when suddenly the elevator doors open and we're interrupted by people piling in.

My face turns a bit red as I straighten up and wait for the elevator to stop at the ground floor. When the door opens, I wheel Carter out and through the lobby before we make it outside where Ethan, Jake, Garret, Jackson, and Luke wait for him with balloons, Nerf guns, and a giant stuffed teddy bear.

Luke is the first to make a move and run to Carter. He flings himself on Carter, causing him to groan but he hugs Luke with just as much force. "I missed you so much, Carter!" Luke laughs as he clings to his brother.

"I missed you too, Luke."

Ethan's next as he shoves Luke out of the way and pulls Carter into a hug. "Don't you ever fucking die again, do you promise?"

"You cussed again!" Luke points accusingly at Ethan. "That's two dollars in the swear jar now!"

Ethan sticks his tongue out at Luke before hugging Carter again. "Do you promise?"

Carter rolls his eyes but smiles. "Yeah, I promise, you dork."

Garret and Jackson set the giant teddy bear on Carter's lap. "His name is Mr. CarterYouAlmostScaredTheShitOutOfUs

Carter presses his lips into a thin line and blows out. "Woah, that's a mouthful. I'll just call him Bear for now."

His eyes then land on Jake and his expression goes grave. Jake tries to avoid his gaze by looking elsewhere but his eyes eventually meet Carter's. "Hey, Carter."

Carter frowns and looks to me. "Can you take me home?"

I nod and start to push him towards the car but Jake jumps in front of us. "Wait, Carter, let me explain ..."

"You have nothing to explain, Jake. You basically ruined our friendship."

Jake frowns. "So that means I can't have a hug?"

Carter sends an angry glare Jake's way but he doesn't seem phased. Instead, he smiles and opens his arms for a hug.

Rolling his eyes, Carter says, "Fine, get your ass over here."

Jake smiling, runs to Carter and wraps him up in a hug.

"I hate you, Jake. You know that right?" Carter asks.