Got Skill?

<Unedited>

~Flirting With The Good Girl~

Chapter3: Got Skill?

*Jacob Parkers*

"Pick up, Carter." I say dialing his number for the fifth time now. He didn't show up to dinner last night and he didn't give an explanation as to why he totally blew us off yesterday. When he doesn't answer, I curse at the wind and shove my phone into my pocket. That ass wipe is going to get an ear full the next time I see him, I can promise you that.

I trudge down the stairs and freeze when I hear his voice floating in from the kitchen. Oh, damn. Oh, shit. "Jacob, honey? Is that you?" I hear mom say.

"No, it's a burglar." I say dashing for the front door, but Jase slides in front of me with a smug look. "Where are you going? I thought we could have some father and son quality bonding time."

I glare at him with a cold look. "You will never be my father." I hiss.

"I beg to differ, my boy." He crosses his arms. "See, your mother and I have agreed that me and you should be spending more time together. Now, I don't know about you but that sounds delightful, what do you think?"

"I think you're feeding me a bunch of bullshit. You don't really want to spend time with me." I snap. "But you're sure as hell good at acting like it." I brush past him and out the door

"Did you ever think that maybe I really do want to spend time with my only son."

I whip around and shoot daggers at him. "Don't act as if Jackson doesn't exit. He made mistakes but he's still my brother."

He rolls his eyes. "Then where is he, huh? Still in jail -where he belongs?"

That does it. "What the fuck did you say!" I shout and charge for him. He looks at me with a smug look like he's enticed by my anger. But the thing is, when I tackle him, he doesn't try to fight back.

"What is going on in -Jacob! What are you doing?" Mom shouts and pulls me off of him before I could get a hit in.

"He just attacked me." Jase say standing up like I hurt him.

Mom whirls around at me with disappointment and shock. " Jacob! What has gotten in to you?"

"What, no! I didn't start it! He was saying things about Jackson -" she cuts me off.

"Nonsense!" She shouts. "He knows Jackson is a touchy subject for you. He would never. " She says with an angry look. "Now, I don't know what would possess you to hurt your father -"

"He's not my fucking father! He's a horrible man! Believe me, mom!" I shout, glaring at Jase as he stands behind mom with a stupid smirk on his face.

"Go, now! Until you have this temper under control! I will not stand for this!" She says ignoring what I had just said. She pushes me to the door but I pull away. "Mom, listen to me. I've been keeping this a secret but he -"

"I don't want to fucking here it, Jacob! Now get the hell out of my house!" She says with a look that I can't even talk back to.

With one last glare sent Jase's way, I walk outside and drive away.

+++

"So you wanna tell me why you blew us off the other day?" I ask leaning back in the game chair. Carter stares at the ground, looking like a scolded puppy. Ethan pauses the game and all eyes are on Carter. "I'm sorry guys. To be honest I really didn't mean to just blow you off. I made split second descisions." He says.