Pain In The Ass

~Unedited~

~Flirting With The Good Girl~

Chapter9: Pain In The Ass

*Jake Parkers*

Jackson folds his hands and waits patiently for me to speak first. This is more of a meeting than me just visiting him. I need answers today -before it's too late. "I have more than just a few questions to ask you." I say.

He nods. "Then ask away."

"When is he coming in? And why? A stupid job isn't the only reason he's moving here."

"He's supposed to be here already. His flight came in five days ago, or so mom has told me. And to answer your other question, I have no idea." Jackson replies.

"Why isn't mom telling me any of this? Why has she kept his move here such a secret?"

Jackson presses his lips into a thin line. "I couldn't tell you. But from what I can say, it's probably because she understands this is one of the hardest things you'll ever have to endure. She knows you don't like him."

"If she knows, why doesn't she do anything about it? Why doesn't she ever take my side?" I snap.

His eyes grow hard. "Maybe it's because you won't tell her the truth. Maybe it's because you have been keeping secrets from her too."

I narrow my eyes. "And you want her to have to go through that? He fucking beat us, Jackson! I don't want mom having to know that the man she used to love beat her own children!"

"Someone has to tell her sooner or later! You can't keep this a secret forever. Other people will find out, and then when she hears about it from someone else, how do you think that's going to effect her, huh? She needs to know, Jacob. And if you're not going to tell her, I will."

"Don't say anything, Jackson! If you tell her, do you know how much it will hurt me? You'll be here, but I'll be home with her. Having to see a broken women who finally knew the truth about something that happened six years ago. I'll have to see the pain in her eyes everyday if you tell her." I say. "So please don't."

"She needs to know, Jacob -"

"Okay, then I'll tell her." I say. "On my own time, though. When I think it's the right time."

We grow silent for a moment, but my mind is jumbled with thoughts. I can't tell her about this. I don't want to have to see the pain she'll feel after I tell her. She doesn't deserve to have to go through all this. I then frown and stare down at the table. "Do I have to tell her about the thing with him and aunt Ellen?"

Jackson nods sadly. "Everything Jake, everything."

Everything.

It happened so long ago, but I'll never forget it. It still burns in the back of my head. I can't forget it. It's stuck there like a scar. I was only eleven then. I didn't know what was happening. I just saw kissing. A lot of it. But it wasn't Jase and mom. It was Jase and aunt Ellen.

I was in my room, supposed to be asleep but I had crept out of bed when I heard voices downstairs. Mom was still at work. It was just me and Jase. Or so I had thought. I had snuck out of my room and to the staircase when I had first caught a glimpse of aunt Ellen.

Jase and her were laughing about something. That's when I noticed how close they were. And that's when it all happened. I don't know how Brandon knew about it, they must have done similar things at his house when he was supposed to be asleep.