Party Games

<Unedited>

~Flirting With The Good Girl~

Chapter5: Party Games

*Jake Parkers*

Jackson sits across from me with a forced smile. He fiddles with his fingers as I keep my stare glued to him. He can't expect me not to be mad. I mean, for crying out loud, he's the one who contacted our father and asked him to come here. No way in hell is he going to get away with that without consequences.

"Why did you ask him to come?" I ask barely above a whisper.

He lets out a long sigh and leans back in his seat, the orange jumper pulling at his arms as they raise up. "I thought he had changed. He said he did. I just wanted the best for you, Jacob."

I run a hand down my face stressfully. He may be older than me but I'm smarter than him. "Of course he hasn't changed. He's the exact same."

"I can tell. He's got you sporting quite the beaten face."

I feel my face turn a bit red as I recall the event that occurred a few days ago. Boy was Jessica mad. And shit on toast could she pack a punch. My nose had bled for twenty minutes not to mention it had hurt the rest of the night. I now know to never get her that mad unless I want to see her bad side. Though now that I think about it, her bad side sounds kind of sexy.

"Earth to Jacob." Jackson says waving his hands in my face. I snap out of the dirty thoughts running through my mind and return my attention to the conversation we were having.

"Sorry, uh, the beaten face was mostly from Jase." I say.

His eyebrows furrowed as a frown takes over his features. "What do you mean mostly?"

Damn, this is going to be embarrassing. I should have just kept my mouth shut.

"Well, the split lip, swelling under my eye, is from him but," How do I tell my older brother a girl punched me in the face and almost broke my nose? "See, there was this girl and she was mad, like, really mad, and she punched me in the face."

Oh, I guess it doesn't sound that bad.

He stares at me for a second. "And she's the one who made your nose all swollen like that?"

I nod. "Does it look broken?"

Before he was put in jail, he was going to through medical courses in college to become a doctor so hopefully he still remembers some things from his studies.

He takes a better look at my nose before leaning back in his chair again. "Technically a nose can be broken but not have outward or inward deformity and not cause any cosmetic or functional change. If the swelling goes down within a week and you have no change in nasal breathing then you should be fine."

And that's when it starts. His laughter goes on for longer than five minutes. It starts to get annoying as I grumble profanities at him.

"I like this girl already. I got to meet her!"

I scratch the back of my head. "Yeah, I don't think that's going to be happening anytime soon."

He stops laughing but allows a big grin to stay on his face. "And why not? She sounds like my kind of women."

"She's really pissed at me. We're not even really friends, anyways."

"Why?"

I shrug. "It doesn't matter. She doesn't like me. She's all buddy buddy with Carter."