Why Be Rude When You Can Be Nude

~Unedited ~

~Flirting With The Good Girl~

Chapter14: Why Be Rude When You Can Be Nude

*Jessica Knight*

The normally quiet peaceful park is now full of rambunctious teenagers dancing, drinking, and making out. The scene is really quite disgusting and very unsettling. I almost regret even showing up here. I'm not one to party. Never have been, never will be.

The music is turned up loud as the bass pounds into my ears.

Carter's hand is wrapped around mine as we push through the crowds of people to find a less populated area. Suddenly I spot Thomas and Taylor but they seem to have already spotted me as they come my way.

I stop walking, jolting Carter to a stop as well.

"Hey, Jessica." Thomas says as he nears us.

Taylor squeezes her way past a couple and stumbles toward me. "Jessica, I'm so sorry -" she stops when she sees Carter. I see a bit of hatred flash through her eyes but she keeps it at bay. "I'm sorry for what I said last night." She continues. "Can you forgive me?"

I shouldn't. What she said was to be kept to herself because I don't give a shit what anyone thinks of Carter as long as they don't blurt it out as if it's a known fact. I should deck her right now ... but I won't. Or no, I can't.

I'm not some badass. I don't do things like that because as Jake says I'm a good girl.

I stare at her for a moment to let her know I don't want to but that I will. "Yes, I forgive you."

She smiles. "Great, now Carter," she looks at him, her eye slightly twitching. "If you don't mind, could I just steal Jessica for a moment?"

Carter releases my hand from his. "Be my guest."

Taylor loops her arm around my and drags me through people. I look over my shoulder to see Carter and Thomas awkwardly standing across from each other.

After we've moved away from a proportion of the party, Taylor turns to me. "I know Thomas has been asking you about who I like, correct?"

I nod. "Yeah, he asked me last night."

"Promise me you won't tell him." She asks. "And promise if I tell you who it is, you won't tell anyone."

"Yeah, okay. I promise."

She opens her mouth to say something but I'm suddenly picked up and thrown onto someone's shoulder by a pair of strong arms.

I hear Ethan laugh as he carries me through the crowd of people. "Hey, Jessie!"

Jackson is suddenly pushing us away from the party as he shouts out for Carter.

"What are you guys doing?" I ask as I squirm in Ethan's hold.

"Preventing trouble." Ethan replies acting unphased by my attempts of escaping.

"Trouble? What trouble?"

"There's always trouble at parties like this." Jackson says just as he finds Carter and grabs him.

Carter frowns as Jackson pulls him along with us. "What's going on?" Carter asks as he pushes against Jackson's hold on his shirt.

Ethan carries me out to the parking lot and sets me in the grass. He plops down beside me and pats a spot for Carter and Jackson to sit. Carter hesitantly sits down, unsure of what's going on.