Chapter 13: Messages.

Joey's POV.

Dinner was normal and delicious! Chicken is always good. Eating at the table was silent, no one really talked about anything, we just ate. I sat next to Shane and held his hand under the table, while Teresa was across from us.

Teresa: So, you two are living together I suppose?

Shane: Yes but we live with Saywer and his dog.

Teresa: And Lisa?

Why did she bring up Lisa, every time we talked about her, Shane didn't like it. Well he never likes to talk about the past, he tears up when someone talks about Hayley or Lisa.

Shane: I let her keep the house, that's the least I could do.

Teresa: Well that's nice, Joey do your parents know about you two?

Joey: No, but I plan to tell them soon maybe in a week or so, so I could do it in person in Boston.

Teresa: Well I hope they love you for who you are!

I gave her smile, but I knew my parents wouldn't be happy about the news. Shane got up and picked up our plates and put them in the sink. He walked back over and grabbed his keys.

Shane: Sorry to leave but I got a video to edit, and Lauren wants to talk video ideas. I'll see you soon mom, and babe you can come if you want?

Joey: No, I might stay to talk. Bye babe.

I stood up and kissed him, this was the first time I kissed him in front of his mom. I could tell his cheeks got red and he pulled away and smiled. His face red as a tomato, he walked away and out the door.

Teresa: You know, I've never seen Shane blush like that ever, even with Lisa.

Joey: Really?

Teresa: Yes, when they kissed in front of me he was never embarrassed. He really does love you.

Joey: I love him too, maybe even more. That's what I wanted to talk to you about.

Teresa sat back in her chair taking a sip of her iced tea. She looked at me with a questioned look.

Joey: I know we have been dating officially for a day now, but we have loved each other for at least two weeks now. I was wondering after he gets the divorce with Lisa, I could propose to him. But I wanted your permission first.

Teresa: Oh my god! Excuse my language, but honey that's wonderful, but wait until this whole divorce thing is over ok.

Joey: I understand, I should get going its getting late, especially with LA traffic.

I stood up and grabbed my keys, she came over to me and hugged me tight. I felt safe and accepted, something I don't feel with my own mom. I got out of her hug and walked out the door. I drove home and walked in the door.

Sawyer was cooking something and hitch eating his dog food. I walked to my desk and vlogged a little, talking about what I did today. I didn't say anything about Shane or Lisa and just said it was a lazy day again. I edited some parts in from morning with Sawyer when Shane was at Lisa's. The uploaded it. I walked up stairs and got into bed, waiting for Shane to come home.

-

Shane's POV

I was done talking to Lauren about new spoofs and drove home. Driving home I checked my phone to see two new messages from that unknown number.

"Trying to avoid me? You can't. Lets make a deal. You leave Joey now and I won't harm you or anyone."

"But if you don't leave by the next sunday. The world will know."