Chapter 39

**Alex’s POV**

“Good luck!”

“GO GRYFFINDOR!”

“Win or I’ll kill you!”

I’m shaking like a leaf as I walk towards the Quidditch pitch. Fred is grasping my hand tightly and everyone looks pale. If we win this match we’ll win the Cup. Oliver looks as if he’s going to throw up.

None of us talk as we pull on our robes. Angelina is sitting in the corner of the room with her head in her hands.

Oliver steps in front of us to give his pep talk, but nothing comes out of his mouth. He shakes his head and beckons for us to follow.

“Good luck,” Fred whispers as we step onto the pitch. I don’t think I can talk without bursting into tears, so I just nod and grimace at him. In the stands I can hear the Gryffindor cheering and waving banners. I can also hear the Slytherins.

Madame Hooch blows her whistle and I kick off, still shaking violently. Angelina nods to me, looking fiercely determined. Alicia hiccups.

Madame Hooch throws the Quaffle in the air and everything blurs as I shoot forward. Angelina catches it and passes it to me. I throw is ahead to Alicia and she throws it to Angelina. I hear the Gryffindors scream as she scores.

Hours later the screams are still ringing in my ears as we celebrate in the common room.

“THREE CHEERS FOR THE CHASERS!” Adam yells, lifting me onto his shoulders, “HIP-HIP!”

“HOORAY!”

“HIP-HIP!”

“HOORAY!”

“HIP-HIP!”

“HOORAY!”

Adam puts me back down and Fred wraps an arm around my waist. None of us can stop smiling. Oliver still has tears in his eyes.

“A TOAST!” Henry yells, climbing onto a table, “TO THE BEST TEAM HOGWARTS HAS SEEN!”

I see the portrait hole open and McGonagall climbs in wearing a tartan dressing gown.

“BED TIME!” she yells, “OFF YOU GO!”

“But Professor-”

“It’s still early!”

“It is one in the morning!” McGonagall yells, “GO TO BED!”