Chapter 25

**Alex’s POV**

“Halloween!”

I jump as Carma lands on my bed, looking excited.

“What?” I ask groggily.

“It’s Halloween!”  she exclaims, “get up!”

“Shut up,” Scarlett scowls.

“Come on!” Carma cries, “EVERYONE UP!”

“If it’s before eight, I’ll kill you,” Lauretta’s voice says from across the room. I sit up and rub my eyes. The sun is peaking in the window, casting an orangey glow around the room.

“What’ve we got today?” I ask Carma.

“We have Potions, Charms, double Transfiguration and then Defence,” she replies. I groan loudly.

“We start with Snape and end with Lockhart,” I sigh, “could this day be any worse?”

“Probably,” Scarlett mumbles, scrambling out of bed and stumbling towards the bath room.

“Stupid, peacock feather using git!”

I grin at Scarlett as we walk out of Defence. She’s so angry her eye is twitching. Well, almost.

“Today we’re going to be learning about me!” she mimics, “me, me, me, me, ME!”

“We all hate him,” Lauretta says, trying not to laugh, “but just take a few deep breaths.”

“He docked me ten points!” Scarlett complains.

“Because you said he’s as attractive as a dead racoon,” I point out, “and while I agree with you, it probably wasn’t the best idea to say that to his face.”

“Although, it was brilliant,” George says, appearing at my elbow.

“And perfectly timed,” Fred adds from beside Lauretta. A bit of a smile tugs at Scarlett’s mouth.

“Let’s just go have a good time at the feast,” she says, “and hope a bloody troll doesn’t disturb it like last year.”

Since the feast is an official one, we all finish at the same time and leave as a house. We’re walking up through the castle, talking and laughing when the people in front of us stop.

“What’s going on?” I ask, standing on tip-toe trying to see over the heads of the people in front of me.